Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Component problem with Toshiba 36ZP46 widescreen tv

Options
  • 28-09-2004 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

I have just bought a new Toshiba 36ZP46 widescreen tv. This tv automatically switches to widescreen except when playing Region 1 DVDs and with the DVD player connected by component to the tv. I have no problem with Region 2 DVDs connected by component and no problem at all when connected by RGB scart for either Region 1 or 2. Is this normal or is it a fault in the tv? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Sounds normal tbh. With a Scart, one of the pins can be used for transmitting a signal if it's a widescreen DVD. Some TV's pick up on this and resize themselves automatically. Obviously, when using component, that scart signal is not picked up on.

Also, when using Scart your TV may be able to pick up on the difference between an NTSC (region 1) and a PAL (region 2) signal, particularly if you're using composite, not RGB through the scart. The TV may then be resizing itself based on that signal. Through component, the TV can't detect it, I think - I'm open for correction here.

Congrats on the TV btw, fantastic model!

Robbie

Advertisement