Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems connecting to net on wireless network

• 28-09-2004 10:00pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Friend of mine has the following problem: linksys wag54g with one pc conected by cable and the other connected wirelessly (belkin card)

The 'wireless' pc finds the network no problem but will not connect to the net (the other pc connects to the web no problem) - any suggestions as to what might be the problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

First job is to try to ping the router from the wireless client. Should be 192.168.1.1. I suspect that won't work as the router requires skill to misconfigure. I have never had that problem so I'm a bit weak on troubleshooting it. Make sure the wireless connection on the client is actually connected and enabled. If the wireless client has an ethernet connection, disable it in network connections (this is not necessary but give it a go).

Advertisement