Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my free webcam with new iol broadband won't work!

• 28-09-2004 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

i just got broadband from esat bt/iol yesterday. they gave me a free web cam with it and i cant figure out why its not working. has anyone else had this problem?

there's nothing wrong with the camera itself but everytime i try and "add new software"on windows xp/and it say insert disc/cd and windows searchs for the driver/ specs 4 the camera i get a report up saying they cant be found on the cd(iv tried manually looking for them too).do you think its just my cd?

i also tried to use autorun to install it but for some reason it trys to uninstall it and 10%thorugh it says access denied and just stops altogther.

iv never hade a webcam before but i cant understand why esat would send out a whole lot of dodgy cds unless it wanted to be a laughing stock.

if anyone can help/advise me it would be much apreciated as the cameras worth about 50eur and i hate to see decent software wasted.(i already contacted the helpline and they weren't much help) :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Theres been at least 3 threads about this in here in the past few months. Go search for them and you'll find them soon enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement