Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm back again

• 28-09-2004 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭

after not receiving IBB as i failed the line of sight i'm thinking of gett IOLBB.

i have isdn atm so should i cancel this first?

then there's the payment "thingy" with IOL anytime they never charged me a cent the year i've been on their package.

will i be able to order broadband straight after i cancel isdn?
    or will i have to wait until isdn is uninstalled?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

You haven't missed much.

Maybe you can discuss the ISDN ins and outs with your chosen ISP, but when I got ADSL they (Eircom) sent out an engineer who downgraded the line from ISDN to standard line and then installed the ADSL. That cost extra. I vaguely recall that those free offers from IOL et al only apply to self-installers, but again IOL will probably be able to tell you all about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'd prefer going for the self install and getting the 3 free months.

just wondering should i cancel the isdn then order or do i have to wait til the isdn is removed then order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Cr3m0 wrote:
    i'd prefer going for the self install and getting the 3 free months.

just wondering should i cancel the isdn then order or do i have to wait til the isdn is removed then order?
    It only costs €25 to "downgrade" from Hi-Price to an "ordinary" analog line, if you do it as part of a Broadband upgrade. But I think it costs a lot more if you just want to cancel Hi-Price.

Call IOL/ESAT, and ask them how much it will cost to get broadband on your ISDN line. Let them handle the coordination of cancelling the ISDN line (even though they sometimes appear to be incapable fo organizing a pissup in a brewery, unfortunately).

Advertisement