Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Concert Hall Question

Options
  • 29-09-2004 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

I've never been to the NCH, so wonder if anyone can answer me this. (Or else I could ring them in the morning, but .... meh ...)

Trying to book tickets for Evelyn Glennie over here . There's 3 ticket prices, €75 for section A, €65 for B and €35 for C. Then it gives this map:

NCH_venue.jpg

But it doesnt say which seats are where. I would presume A= Stalls, B= Yellow and Side Balconies and C= Choir Balcony, but I could be wrong.

Is there anywhere in the hall that is actually a bad place to be? Whats the sound and the view like from the balconies?

Cheers,

Robbie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

I'd say A=Balcony/Side Balcony, B=Stalls and C=Choir Balcony. Your best bet is to just ring them and ask - (01)4170000.

I reckon the best place to be is the yellow balcony, the view is great and the sound too, although I have heard some people say that for orchestral works like symphonies the sound is better down in the stalls. The worst place to be is probably the very front of the stalls - all you'll see is the socks of the first violins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭gary_s

satchmo wrote:
    I'd say A=Balcony/Side Balcony, B=Stalls and C=Choir Balcony. Your best bet is to just ring them and ask - (01)4170000.

And while you're at it point out how unclear the A/B/C classification is on their online booking system! :mad:

The ticketing system is not working about the moment, but i've a vague recollection that if you select, say, "B" and hit CONTINUE, it may then tell you what section it is offering at that price (e.g. 2 seats in stalls, row H, 25&26 or whatever) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

I've been there once and choose the cheaper option Choir Balcony, I didn't have any regrets and will book the same.
    You are just behind the orcherstra, not very high, just above the musician's heads (when they are standing) on the lower seats. The sound was still very good and you can sneak at the score :D !
    You are also facing the conductor which is a nice experience.

Edit: and it is free sitting.

Raphael

Just received this in the NCH newsletter - hope you haven't booked your tickets yet!

Patrons can avail of a special offer of 2 tickets for the price of 1
    when you purchase your tickets between now and Monday 4th October
    (inclusive) 2004. To avail of this special offer please contact the
    National Concert Hall Box Office on Tel:01 417 00 00 and quote "Evelyn
    Glennie Speical Offer".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

gary_s wrote:
    Just received this in the NCH newsletter - hope you haven't booked your tickets yet!

Patrons can avail of a special offer of 2 tickets for the price of 1
    when you purchase your tickets between now and Monday 4th October
    (inclusive) 2004. To avail of this special offer please contact the
    National Concert Hall Box Office on Tel:01 417 00 00 and quote "Evelyn
    Glennie Speical Offer".

Result! Thanks for this, will be on to them first thing in the morning. If the online ticketing thing had been working I'd have had them booked by now, thanks again for the spot!

Robbie

Advertisement