Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer "Soundtrack to the Apocalypse"; is it any good.

Options
  • 29-09-2004 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Saw on Slayer's site "Soundtrack to the Apocalypse", and I'm wondering has anyone else got it yet, and is it any good?
    Soundtrack to the Apocalypse Box Set

$53.99

SLAYER FOUR-DISC BOX SET, Soundtrack To The Apocalypse, FEATURES ALBUM TRACKS, RARITIES AND DVD OF LIVE PERFORMANCES;.

A Slayer fan's ultimate experience, Soundtrack To The Apocalypse includes tracks spanning every Slayer album since 1986, soundtrack cuts, Japan-only tracks, more than a dozen rarities, and a DVD of live performances spanning 20 years, all digitally remastered.

Box Set Info:

Disc 1 opens with five tracks from Slayer's 1986 major label debut, Reign In Blood, considered the most brutal thrash metal album of all time. Among the fan favorites are "Postmortem" and "Raining Blood." From 1988's South Of Heaven are five tracks, including the title track. Culled from 1990's Seasons In The Abyss are another quintet, including "Dead Skin Mask." 1991's live Decade Of Aggression contributes three--"Chemical Warfare" and "Hell Awaits" among them.

Disc 2 continues the chronology with five recordings from 1994's Divine Intervention, three from 1996's Undisputed Attitude, a trio from 1998's Diabolus In Musica and another three from 2001's God Hates Us All. Songs heard on various soundtracks are joined by two cuts previously unreleased in the U.S. from the Japanese Diabolus In Musica, two more from the import God Hates Us All and a bonus cover of the Suicidal Tendencies' "Memories Of Tomorrow" from the Japan-only Undisputed Attitude.

Disc 3 focuses on rarities, from the earliest known Slayer recordings (previously unreleased 1983 live tracks) to seminal tracks taken from the band's garage rehearsals and even home demo recordings.

The Disc 4 DVD showcases performances throughout the band's career and throughout the world as well as various TV appearances.
    S7CD01.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

It is good if you have absolutely no Slayer music at all

However, speaking as someone who does and who went out and bought "Soundtrack...", I was very disappointed with the DVD - 1 interview and a plethora of a live tracks - I was hoping for more in-depth stuff on Slayer, with interviews with the band and other bands who totally give props to Slayer for being who they are and what they have done for Metal

But as I said, if you have nothing of Slayer's - definitely go out and buy it - if anything to laugh at the hairstyles of the band from 1983, when they perfom Agressor Perfector in some club :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dang. Have 1 of their DVD's and one of their albums. I was hoping too it'd be in-depth, so I posted to see before I bought it. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

yeah defitenly worth buying if it is gonna be your first slayer Cd and it has gone down nearly 50% in price since it 1st came out about a year ago

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Can you still get the cool big version in the ammo box? I've only seen the little box around lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i duno is that the huge box or the normall but i got te big one and its ****nig class well worth it i say!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

i have the big one myself GET IT!!

Advertisement