Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity hall

• 29-09-2004 2:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

In the trinity hall literature they say "Smoking is prohibited in all Trinity Hall buildings" or some **** like that. When I was applying, i ticked YOU BETCHYA for the "Smoker?" question..

I'm just wondering, how the **** do they expect smokers to live, and hold onto their sanity, in a place where they're not allowed to smoke - anywhere?

what the **** is this ****?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

you just have to go outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Ahahah lol... :D

As a smoker you should be used to this sort of thing by now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

go outside?! but what if i want to enjoy a nice little spliff and then hop into bed oogling at some pretty winamp visualisations?!

god they have to ruin everything don't they :rolleyes:

1 word..
    Blogurt

no way man, not half as satisfying as smoking a joint..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

majic brownies......

What are you studying?

uhm. ahhm. ah well, here's to incriminating one's self - i'll be studying computer science, linguistics and german. CSLL.

Yeah.. your course and past-time are mutually exclusive. Take it from me, you'll have to give it up at some stage if you want to wear that mortarboard.

i figured as much.. still i'm fairly pissed about the whole smoking in trinity hall thing. I'll be moving out into my own rented accommodation for second (and subsequent) years, so i hope I don't get a huge urge to get monged out of it with the new-found freedom to smoke..

do you know how many hours per week my course entails?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Well beside a window and what ever in halls u can get away with it..............

SkyLynx wrote:
    Well beside a window and what ever in halls u can get away with it..............
    that's what i'm thinkin. was just looking forward to the freedom of not being forced to smoke out a window, as i have done for the past 6 years :/

well u could do a job on the smoke alarm... is one everywhere......

• I would advise you not to do a job on the smoke alarm - someone in my building did it last year and was heavily fined. They're all hooked up to a system and they can tell if you mess with it. I've never been to a halls of residence that allowed smoking anyway, it's a fire risk. I mean, I'd like to light candles in my room but I understand why you can't.

And BTW I'm sure you'll be thrilled to know that smoking is even banned outside at Trinity Hall because the wardens got sick of all the cigarette butts lying around. There is a small brick building known as the smoker's pavilion (which is, ironically, the designated assembly point in the case of a fire) where all the smokers hang out. It's freezing and stinks like hell.

your idea of a job is breaking it, which is obviously going to trigger an alarm, there are more suttle ways of doing it i've seen..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

the old ones used be condomable - i.e. you just put a condom over the sensor part.

dunno about new ones :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

And then you forget about re-enabling the smoke alarm, there's a fire, and someone gets killed because the alarm didn't go off fast enough....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hey i'm not the little angel guy who stands on your shoulder and says "no, dont do it....its bad!"

I'm just the ideas man.

meh if you can find enuf stuff to burn in campus accomadation yer doing well(modern now not that old ****e down n front square that goes on fire every second day..)

Advertisement