Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding...

• 29-09-2004 5:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Well, i'm trying to port forward my router. I'm a huge newb, but I did manage to find a page which told me how to get to the routers config: http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=1004#707p

So following the instructions, I entered 192.168.0.1 in my web browser as it told me to, which brought me to a page which requires a "System Password" I have tried the defult passwords such as admin, but still no luck. How can I obtain my "System password" ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Check your manual for the default password. If you dont have a manual, try to download one. If you can't download one, contact DLink support.

If that does not work, you will need to reset your router to factory defaults. There is usually a pin-hole reset button on these devices, but note that this will reset all your settings so you will need to reconfigure the router from scratch if you do this, so BEWARE !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

As far as I can remember, the defaulkt is a username of admin and a blank password. Try that or try blank for both.

I think the default setting in the d-link kit is to disable external access to the web interface so it's not that big a security hole.

The web CP is fairly straightforward for configuing port forwarding.

Advertisement