Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WiFi Issues: Ripwave and Applie AirPort

• 29-09-2004 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

I have constructed a WiFi network using an IBB Ripwave modem and an Apple AirPort Express AP.

Unfortunately ever now and then (about twice a day) the internet feed through the WiFi stops working. I am still connected to the network and the signal light on the Ripwave modem is still on. To solve this I have to kill the power on the AirPort and plug it back in. Once that happens, I can go back to using the network fine.

Does anyone know why this might happen? My hypothesis is that the Ripwave connection dies momentarily (its not very strong (always red light) and is out of action frequently) and when it comes back it has a new IP addresss and that this somehow stops the network from running?

If anyone has any suggestions what is causing it, or how I can solve it, I’d be very grateful.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Probley not the answer but does it stop working around lunch time per chance? Microwave interference has been know to cause this as it runs on 2.4 mhz as well. Worth checking anyway.

Advertisement