Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD net conection

Options
  • 29-09-2004 10:47am
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭

just wondering, how fast is the tcd net conection?

i'm on it at the minute and it's shít slow

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

I don;t know exatly but I do remember downloading files in terms of MB per second so this is an indication that it is very fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

The real question is, what are you doing in there so early?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ermmm TCD connection is 160mbit last i recall......

And you'll find it never maxed out, i've never seen it so anyway, its just the network going slow where u are possibly to do with the AD changeover. try moving somewhere else in the college....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i got it sorted, i was in to download somthing and put it on a zip-disk.....

i got a download speed of around 500kb a second

hrmmm moaning about .5mb/sec, whats the world comming to.... in saying that i've gotten up to about 9mb/sec or so in college....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Trinity is 180 mbps

http://mrtg.hea.net/mrtg/tcd-ge.html

(400post wootage)

ah yeah , mixed up with dcu's then i'd say...most of em are around that general region...

Advertisement