Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to cost microsoft money

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Heh. brilliant. Although I doubt it costs them that much, I'd like to see the 3000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

A bit stupid if you ask me.. your just causing problems for those who actually need the CD's.

If I was microsoft, I'd adjust the page so that it said in the T&A that in the event more then 10 CD's were sent then you would be billed for all of them at $400 each.

Then watch them laugh about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

how to pointlessly harm the environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

haha, ah c'mon, lighten up, you gotta find that slightly amusing.It is microsoft we're talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

TimAy wrote:
    haha, ah c'mon, lighten up, you gotta find that slightly amusing.It is microsoft we're talking about

Whats wrong with Microsoft ?

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i'm sure microsoft get cds cheaper than 1 dollar per cd too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Chalk wrote:
    http://www.kingstoncomputerplanet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6479

saw this posted on another forum,
    get your revenge on evil uncle bill and his nasty security holes ;)

The money wasted by Microsoft on this will be passed on to the consumer.

You'll find these things aren't so funny anymore when you hit puberty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

True

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

just a joke lads.
    wont do it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

LOL. Ye you're right, we all know the cut-throat competition Microsoft is facing in the home market right now, it's market share at 97% means that we get great bargains for WinXP but the cost of all these CDs I'm sure will force a price raise from $300 to $400 just to make sure MS keeps their skinny pure profit margin of 50% intact. After all there is a danger that they could go under any minute now, I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that I pray daily asking for the continued existence of this brilliant, shining beacon of Innovation®

Amen.

Ye RIGHT :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

LMAO that's hilarious.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Mordeth wrote:

Considering you can buy them retail for 12 cents and a jiffy bag is 20 max, he's definitely padding out the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

hahahah

bag.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

What a loser clogging up the mail network, causing untold damage to the environment and generally giving himself bad karma!

An the best thing is the prat probably doesn't even use windows!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Mordeth wrote:
    Couple cents with the quantities they buy. Ditto the envelopes. But still, what a tool. Thick too, if he thinks they're individually packed.

adam

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

If you read on that forum a bit, there's a lot of people attacking for many of the reasons given above. Regardless though Microsoft learnt a lesson from this and adjusted the terms on the site so you can only get a maximum of 10 CDs in case anyone here was trying to do it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Oooh, scalded!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

ahaha, thats gas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

I just used the link to order the service pack, once. Cuz I hate automatic update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

Well Bill Gates is only worth about $46billion, so i'm sure he'll be losing loadsa sleep over some eejit ordering 150 cd's

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ffs
    i already said i was sorry
    i even went to the blatant lenght of putting the little winking smiley in my original post
    if i post anything here again i will be sure to use [tongue in cheek] or [sarcasm] tags wherever neccesary
    i know youve all gotten offended that i would post alink to some multinational , multi billion dollar corp getting there leg pulled by some little 13 yr old in america.
    and ive apologised already for thinking that youd either think it was funny or think he was a bit of a spa.
    calling me names and thinkin im a muppet for posting it is hardly fair is it?
    if you found the link offensive report it to a mod or some thing
    see if they want it removed.
    if on the other hand you were confused by the topic title and think im actually trying to get people to get these cds sent out, then your more stupid than i thought, they only send them out in america.
    and to the person who gave me bad rep with the words "oh grow up" attached
    thank you for your enlightening cirticism
    i will carry it with me in all posts from this day forward.

chalk
    ps insert [sarcasm] tags in various places around my post for the best affect ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭X-Dawg

Chalk wrote:
    http://www.kingstoncomputerplanet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6479

saw this posted on another forum,
    get your revenge on evil uncle bill and his nasty security holes ;)

Why do you want to cost them money? What have they done to you? I bet you use Windows.

jesus effing christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

lol lol...classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

Is it me that needs to cop on for finding this funny, or do SOME people around here need to find a sense of humour?

I honestly don't know :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Funny read this topic, very mixed opnions.
    I'd say the karma is bein handed out both ways!

Advertisement