Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN Connection problem

Options
  • 29-09-2004 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

First off I admit hands up I know nothing really about ISDN, but I'm the only one here where I work with any tech knowledge, and now this is my problem :rolleyes:

Anyhow, we got in an ISDN line this day last week, and the phone line part is working fine. We can still use the 56k modem to connect to Eircom Anytime, but whenever we try the digital line(s), we get an error:

Error 691: Access was denied because the username and/or password was invalid on the domain.

BUT, we can use the Eircom free line (the 1892) without this problem - works perfectly on both channels. As such I would guess that it's something to do with CLID, though I may be badly wrong. Eircom and Eircom Net support staff have been a fountain of nothing, and have been of no help. If I am asked one more time to check my password and username, I'll go nuts. It doesn't help telling them that the same password and username work on the 56k line.

Anybody any ideas? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

ISDN is a pretty ancient technology now and I'm sure you're using it for the handiness of the two analogue lines at a more reasonable rental

But anyway I had quite a few problems getting the ISDN 64K working and keeping it working. The cause of the problem seemed to be the PCinterface which was serial 9 pin and quite finicky. Is this the interface you're using ?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

The only reference I can find is this, and it's referring to IOL broadband. Unless this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I used to get this. I had to attempt to connect with both channels, then it would tell me that one couldn't connect and it would use the other. Did this for about 5-6 months. I had netsmart so i guess it was looking for the other number.

Advertisement