Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to poker

Options
  • 29-09-2004 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hello,
    I recently got interested in poker and joined pokerroom.com. Just playing a few single table tournamnets etc. I went to vegas recently and played some 2/4 .. 4/8 limit holdem sit and go tables. I loved it. Just trying to find out were in ireland can you play real games outside of Dublin. Do the Dublin clubs tolerate beginners. This poker seems to have sky rocketed in the US. Players were saying that it was always popular but now it's crazy. It is surely going to hit here aswell (maybe it has but is not evident to me (limerick). Can some one please send on some info on sit and go\ cash games and tournaments \schedules. Are ye finding it's popularity rising in this country?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Dublin clubs welcome beginners. Tournaments range from freerolls with €10 rebuys up to €250 buyin. Sit'n'go and cash games are available too.

Check the stickies at the top of the forum for more information and ignore the Merrion Messing thread if possible - it's very amusing but things aren't usually that heated around here.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its definitely growing and growing fast. Both clubs are newbie friendly enough though I would recommend the Sit and Go games between 5-8 Thursday - Sunday in the Fitz or the freeroll on Thursday evening in the Fitz or the Freeroll on Monday in the Merrion.

(Does the Merrion run another newbie friendly game?)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

no, the merrion smells. ;)

Thinktheyre doing sattelites for their new monthly 200 game but not sure what day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

Just wondering how much cash you need for "sit and go games"?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

They are single table tournies which cost 10 euros.
    10 people play them so there is 100 in the pool. The house takes a tenner, first 60 and second 30. Sometimes there are 11 players in which case 3rd gets his 10 euro back.

You get 1500 chips and blinds start at 25/50 and go up every 10 minutes.

So, you need a tenner per SNG you are going to play. Fun and cheap too!

DeV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement