Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3g

• 29-09-2004 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

just thought you might like to know that I managed to get one of only two 3G SIMs from Vodafone on Monday (according to them). Stuck it in an unlocked LG 8110 and made and received video calls to Dublin and Italy while walking down Grafton Street (yes, I was that nutcase). Worked perfectly. Similar attempts to extract a 3G SIM from O2 IRL proved fruitless. I can roam on Voodoo UK 3G here in Belfast and receive video calls free of charge (as I'm on the All-Ireland)

such larks!

Eamonn

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I managed to get one of only two 3G SIMs from Vodafone on Monday

Could you explain this further? You saying that you have got one of the only two 3G sim cards in the country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Yes, as I said -according to Voodoo. That is what they told me when I requested one which they managed to get for me in three days -but no more. Bottom line is it worked and the SIM works in a 2.5G handset too (unlike three UK's SIMs).

Eamonn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You can be sure they have more than two 3G sim cards ;)

Well for ya though, nice shiney 3G phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Ach of course they have -staff in Data have them for a start. But they insisted they would only release the one (of two) that they possess. O2 refused to budge though and none of their shops in Dublin 1 would let me have one.

Pretty groovy though......

Advertisement