Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Societies..

Options
  • 29-09-2004 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

What should i join?
    I being a baby infant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Today I joined (in Kevin Street)
    Paintball SOC - apparently loads signed up so it should be some fun, must get my girlfriend to join this one.
    Electronic Gaming SOC - Cause the play PC games I guess. I'm not a console gamer
    Net SOC - Cause they will be organising LAN parties which means CS.
    DJ SOC - Cause its cool. I've none of the gear. I met Nelson and some tall guy with a big head of hair, but no DJ Dangerous Dave (must be in the other coll)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

today i joined

circus and juggling - some of the things look cool
    B+E - becuase u get a cool card which lets u in free to expensive clubs in dublin
    rock society - they organise gigs in the school and get discounts into places like TBMC and Dorans etc
    Sniipe wrote:
    I met Nelson and some tall guy with a big head of hair

thatsEne, hes cool

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i joined the gamers soc cause it sounded cool. shall join the netsoc tomorrow if it means cs. but will i need to bring my pc for that type of stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Where were all these societies? In bolton street there was only about 10 societies to join. or did I just miss them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I've joined nothing as of yet.
    Just bummed around looking for free stuff, but you had to fill out forms to get free stuff, which just smacked of effort. So in the end I got no free stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭smelly girl

Free stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I only joined about what I joined today in Kevin St
    Guitar Soc - Free guitar lessons by a pro - what can I say
    Net Soc - Free unix shell, on a freebsd system, with apache, mysql, php, etc installed mmm
    Taekwondo - Didnt see a stand, will probably just show up as usual tho

Not bad for €1.50 total ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

All I got free was 2 packets of taytos and a lollipop heh..

There was a Bus Eireann stand that was giving out a bag with super noodles, kit-kat cubes, 500ml bottle of club orange, soup and some travel vouchers for the bus. I think you got a pen too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

i wasnt in today will i still be able to join sumthing?

• Advertisement

Yeah, it runs for a few days.
    I'd say you could just get in contact with the club or soc you want to join and join then if you missed everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Repli wrote:
    Net Soc - Free unix shell, on a freebsd system, with apache, mysql, php, etc installed mmm

Its Debian actually btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

wes wrote:
    Its Debian actually btw.

A while ago there was a poll on the old netsoc site as to what people thought would happen when the old timers left. "Some muppet will come along and install linux" won. A bit prophetic really :)

Advertisement