Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blocking a lost/stolen mobile 'phone..?

• 29-09-2004 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭

Friend at work has lost (or more likely had nicked) her nice new cameraphone.

I know she can ring her provider (Vodafone, I think) and have her billpaid a/c closed, but am I right in telling her that she can also give them the IMEI no. and that they'll be able to block the 'phone from being used on any network? (so that whoever has it can't just stick a new SIM card into it...)

Thanks for any advice you can give; I don't know sh1t about 'phones — too old! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

yes as far as i know all the networks have an agreement in place that they block all networks for the phone if it gets reported stolen, as far as i know it has greatly reduced the thief of Phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

yeah when my phone was robbed i gave them the imei number and they said it would be blocked. As far as i know each country currently has their own 'version' of this and it will be eventually a global service.
    This is what i was told about 18 months to 2 years ago when my phone was robbed. Im sure there is a clearer line on this now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

wow, cool. didnt know that could be done!! so the network blocks the phone number and then the thief cant ring or text or anything? can they track the thief then? if every1 reported their phones stolen then there wud be a lot less of a stolen phone epidemic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

a stolen phone industry rofl, yes, yes they are churning out the stolen phone thieves in their millions.. rofl.

ps. sorry on ur mate ;)

Advertisement