Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Batman Film?

• 17-07-2000 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

I think Batman Forever was the best one. With films based on comic books you can't judge them the normal way. Forever had everything. Black and white villans (literaly), ridicuously shaped/sized secret hideout in the middle of the harbor and ott acting by Jim Carey.

And of course - you can't have Batman without Robin. "Holy iron Batman!" biggrin.gif

The less said about Batman and Robin though the better.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Robin:"Holy rusted Metal Batman!"

Batman: What?

Robin: "The metal, its rusty and has holes in it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Bloody Drunkard

jimi we already had this agruement in work. Batman the first film with Jack Nicholas as the joker is da best Batman returns was brilliant and Forever wasn't too bad but once George Clooney got the cape things went downhill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Jack Nicholas? Sounds like a golfer... *checks... Jack Nicklaus... ahhh!*

You mean Jack Nicholson of course, and I heartily concur that the 1989 blockbuster "Batman" was the best of the lot. Batman was ALWAYS going to be a Tim Burton movie.

more info
    Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker with MARK BLEEDIN' HAMILL as the Joker?... sheesh...

Bard

|home page|scary éire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Batman Returns by a mile, those rocket-launching penguins were dead cute smile.gif the less said about the third and esp the fourth the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Hey lo ;7)

You seen da topic just say here.

I think Batman Returns was the best one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

'Batman' (1966) Best one ever. Where else could you get Bat Shark repellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

ahh, yes , best rubber shark in history, even better than Bruce from Jaws. You can almost see the hands of the crewmembers at the end. Batman Returns is the best by the way, the first a close second, and as for the rest...well when you all go to hell and visit Dante's Inferno, y'all will see the gutwrenching, horrific, dispicable and downright nasty things that will happen to all the bodily orifaces of the screewriters, directors (that means you, Schumacher), and costume designers of those pus filled pimples. Thank you..

Say hello to my little friend !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

i concur hobbes.
    conan o brien wanted to resurrect adam west's career with a specially built sit com. the he got that stint writing for the simpsons and got adam west stuck in at ever possible excuse. "100% PURE WEST"
    or
    "why doesn't batman dance anymore?"
    genius of a man. (west, not o'brien) he made that movie the best one ever. the scenes of him running around the pier with the cartoon bomb. no better way to spend a rainy saturday afternoon than watching that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

The imagery in Batman is excellent. Very like the Gotham in the comic books. In Batman Returns , they really captured the darkness and the madness of Batman. Batman Forever has by far the Best villains and the worst visuals. Batman and Robin is just ****. We all know that so lets just avoid mentioning it again plese.

I am a bit tired so I am not elaborating on these (bold?) statements smile.gif

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by Bard:
    Batman Beyond: Return of the Jokerwith MARK BLEEDIN' HAMILL as the Joker?... sheesh...

Mark Hamill has always been the voice of the Joker in tyhe Batman animated series and he is quite good as well. I had a shock as well when I found out it was him.

Draco

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

what is the best comic book film of all time?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The first Batman is the best IMHO - i.e. the one versus Jack as the Joker and not the one with the Bat-Re-Hydrater to fix the world leaders!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Borric

Easily the first Batman

From reading Batman for years i can tell you that is what its supposed to be

Joker is played brilliantly by Nicholson

Gotham is portrayed beautifully

and as for robin forget him Batman is a
    lone warrior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Like the previous poster, as a comics fan "Batman" wins. "Batman Returns" is in second place, forget the rest...

Any news on the new "Superman" film?

"X-Men" is good BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

when is the X-MEN coming out in Ireland?

also it has to be "Batman" in first and returns in second.

as for the hole West thing....he has the best lines of them all.

"Batmam" was more like the true Dark Night.

[This message has been edited by sutty (edited 25-07-2000).]

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

X-men is out next month - the 24th I think.

Batman is not the lone warrior anymore. He has plently of bat-lackeys to help him. Even before that he had Alfred.

AFAIK, the Superman film is lucking in production hell. Most of the scripts have been rejected and it isn't going into production anytime soon.

Draco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

However Spiderman is going ahead with Sam(Yo she Bi*ch, Lets Go!)Raime at the helm.
    It cant go wrong.

I know ! Its *****in! Go on Sam, do the business ! X-Men is out August 18th. Now if they make a Daredevil movie, then a Preacher movie, then its quite posssible that the world will be a much better place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sam (American Gothic) Raimi!

Yay! Did anyone see the film he did with the Coen Brothers, erm, Crimewave?! Great fun!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Originally posted by plastic membrane:
    I know ! Its *****in! Go on Sam, do the business ! X-Men is out August 18th. Now if they make a Daredevil movie, then a Preacher movie, then its quite posssible that the world will be a much better place.

A DD movie would indeed rock smile.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

quote:
    'Yay! Did anyone see the film he did with the Coen Brothers, erm, Crimewave?! Great fun!'

He co wrote most of the Cohen brothers stuff. In Hudsucker Proxy he is one of the guys behind the glass thinking up the name 'hulahoop'

you know, for kids !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Someone has registered youknowforkids.com would you believe,and all the other Hudsucker phrases (futureistomorrow.com, hudsuckerindustries.com etc.).

J.
    -- www.planetcloud.com

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

lol Hobbes
    still with the golden oldies?
    i like it!!! biggrin.gif

in the end.. I'm the last one standing.

Advertisement