Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

starting a business

Options
  • 29-09-2004 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭

have a good friend of mine who is thinking of starting a business

are there any good decent sites out there that can give good advice on it? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ur mentor

I don't think there are any sites that cover it all. google away to your hearts content. There are some books on the subject. i remember seeing some in local bookstore.
    However your friend will really need some professional advice as there are many many reposnsibilities from revenue and tax through to consumer rights, health and safety etc.
    According to SFA the secnd largest challenge faced by business is dealing wiht red tape. as a business owner i can confirm this is pretty true.
    having said all that it is relatively easy to set up a bsuiness. Limited liability companies can be set up by most citizens and are not that expensive. however you may not need one- again get advice from accountant and solicitor.
    I know alot of people like to set up fast and are afraid that if they talk about their business idea someone else may steal it. really that is the least of your worries.
    all the best hope this is of some helpl :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭coolio_64

Cheers thanks for the advice

anyone got more ideas?

Advertisement