Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excellsior class

Options
  • 29-09-2004 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭

Anyone else out there who thinks the Excellsior class is absolute beautiful?
    Love that ship, i do!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Aye its maybe the second or third best looking ship in star trek first will always be the galaxy class though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

for its time i think the excelsior was a nice ship, i'm a much bigger fan of the more modern ships though with there unnecessary slick/aerodynamic looks.

with there unnecessary slick/aerodynamic looks.

It is necessary what type of star trek mod are you :rolleyes: :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

there are some great ships. The breen dreadnought for example.
    Cardassion romulan and klingon ships are lok nice.

Promethus
    Constellation
    Pagasus class (medial ship from TNG AGT) however it was orginaley one of the first types of ships build by the federation it predates the constelltion class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

Klingon Bird of Prey is real nice too. Another of my favs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

i love the excelsior classes bridge lovely

Click for the Pic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Defiant class is my that and tha reman ship from nemisis the semitar (spelling)

most original ship The borg cube.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Bonzo

Tis nice alright but always been partial to the Nebula class myself :cool:
    No idea why as it is a bit arsey!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Romualn WarBird i love that ship, hence im always flying around on it in Bridge Commander :D

the warbird is awful in bc they made it to weak unless your playing with a mod?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

The Xindi Aquatic mothership

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

"best looking ship in star trek first will always be the galaxy class though".
    No , it's too squat and flat-bottomed looking. The excelsior is the best. Also the Akira is a fine ship and the little Miranda with its roll-bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lunacyfoundme

I always liked the Miranda class ever since I seen Wrath of Khan. I like the sleek look of the Sovereign but you can't beat the Constitution refit for pure Trek goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

bizmark wrote: »
    Aye its maybe the second or third best looking ship in star trek first will always be the galaxy class though :)

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

i always loved the original enterprise, don't know what it was called...NX? Intrepid,:cool:
    Soverign,:cool:
    Nova Class (Voyager would have been a hell of a lot better if it had followed the Exuinox!):eek:
    That chubby one from the start of First contact, can't remember what it's called:(
    Never liked the Galaxy class. the saucer is mis-shapen and too big proportionatley to the rest of it. the nacells aren't angeled right. it looks too flatish.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Maquis.jpg

Maquis Raider for me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Steamrunner class. I think its in First Contact but have played it on Armada 2 and like it.

Like the Nebula but it seems a bit weak as in Armada its a science vessel.

Like the Excelsior class.

But its got to be the Sovereign Class, Defiant, Galaxy in that order.

Borg ships are good apart from the Diamond, it seems to breakable.
    Romulan, Klingon ships are good as are the Cardi ones.

I also like the Ferengi marauder.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

Excelsior is a beauty.

My favorite Starfleet ships are the Sovereign, Akira, Constitution (refit), Intrepid and NX classes. The Caduceus class from All Good Things... was kinda groovy. I agree the Galaxy class has a certain iconic beauty, but in purely aesthetic terms it is certainly not the most beautiful and resembles a space-faring office building.
    My non-Fleet favourites would be the Romulan Warbird, the Vulcan ships from Enterprise, the Cardassian Galor-class warship, the Borg Cube and the weirdly shaped Borg ship from Decent (oddly enough).

I really didn't like the Prometheus from VOY, too many appendages sticking out of it and it looked plain silly when separating into three ships. Also, the Ferengi Marauder has a fat ass and is just too rounded, orange and graceless.

Its not a ship, obviously, but Deep Space 9 is a beautiful and graceful piece of space architecture.

Advertisement