Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Shickoloney - Cheap bikes, You're Nicked

• 29-09-2004 5:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Maurice and Seamus are selling a few bicycles down back of the station lads.

From www.garda.ie
    Public Auction of bicycles
    A public auction of bicycles will take place at Kevin Street Garda Station in Dublin at 11am on Thursday 14th October 2004.

Members of the public may view these goods on Wednesday 13th October 2004 between 10am and 3pm.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭thebigmc

Does anyone know are any of these bikes ever anyway decent?
    any advice appreciated thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭bobk

sometimes they have decent enough bikes,

but there's rarely any bargains, the bikes tend to go for around what they're worth

Bob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭replytohere2004

you also have to bring 50e deposit, I believe.

A lot of people go to the auction to see if their stolen bike is there.

Thats why I'm going!!!!!! (2 bikes stolen in last year)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭thebigmc

So is anyone heading down to look at the bikes tomorrow? can you give a report back so well know if its worth goin thursday, sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭wanwarlock

thebigmc wrote:
    So is anyone heading down to look at the bikes tomorrow? can you give a report back so well know if its worth goin thursday, sound

yeah, plz report back, i need a 'new' bike as well.

btw, where do the garda get the bikes? from known bike thieves? just out of interest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

gah, that time totally doesn't suit, i really wish they'd do it at better ****ing times, not when half the country is in work or college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

Its all bikes found to be stolen and others that are cut from railings were its illegal to put em, eg goverment buildings and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

sorry, all unclaimed bikes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

I went to this last year and people were gettin really carried away with the whole auction thing. Some were bidding way over the actual value of the bike. I saw a crappy old racer (about 15 years old) going for over €100. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I'll try get down tomorow and report back.

where does the money go out of curiosity?

I hope this doesnt resemble a the 'free motor boat' scheme from the simpsons!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Yeah only go if you have something in mind, find it wednesday and have the cash. About 3/100 bikes are good. Many are rusted and get bought 'in the heat of the moment'.

Not recommended.

Advertisement