Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3DMark 05

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Am I gonna have to start smacking people down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

wtf is a 6x4? or a mully!

Already tried this

Hence my feeling they are two bum chums and are taking the piss :)

I here sticking your micky in a 120mm fan provides great relieft.. wanna try it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=30522

2324 3d
    1948 Cpu

meh pc is crap seemingly, specs in project details.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

What the **** is mully??? I am picking up piss taking vibes!

lol, me 2. 6x4 = 24 so im thinkin a really old pc :D

Mabye theres a hamster powering the PC on a little wheel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

stop spamming you lot

Col_Loki wrote:
    lol, me 2. 6x4 = 24 so im thinkin a really old pc :D

Mabye theres a hamster powering the PC on a little wheel?
    AAaaaah, i thought 6x4 was slang for some kind of junk/imaginary super cool computer. Didn't realise it was 24. Lol.

As for a molly, still don't get that.

I've jsut downloaded the program, and i'm benchmarking my 9600pro and my *snigger* geforce3 Ti500 now. Lets see what the future brings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

I here sticking your micky in a 120mm fan provides great relieft.. wanna try it?

What is your mickey?

• Advertisement

Optikus wrote:
    What is your mickey?

popular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

LOL ..i just found out that its an irish slang word for a penis, dont think i'll be wanting to stick it into a fan, but hey horses for courses.. have fun!

my 9600pro at stock speeds
    Winxp Pro
    AMD XP 2500+ @ 1.99ghz
    512mb ddr400. (running at about fsb385ish)

1140! I was amazed i got 4 figure digits!

after installing new nForce and Forceware drivers and patch for 3Dmark 2005

got better score!

3DMark05 Score : 4698

CPU Score : 3789

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Score: 4616
    not bad on a X800 pro at stock no pipline mods. Using the 256 mb ATI hotfix also. Looks great.

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

Megagames where reporting on the latest round of benchmarks for nvidia versus ati. Seems ATI had the intial lead until Nvidia clobbered ATI with there SLI running 2 pci x Geforce 6800 ultra's scored 7,229 significantly betaing ATI. But ATI apparatnly pulled a magic driver ot of its ass and witht he aid of a X800XT PE overclocked by dry ice cooling to 800/648mhz they reached 8,250 in 2005. Of coruse people are starting to think it was optimization of the drivers like the past but ATI claim its simply a bug fix. ATI say there next drivers will improve the situation as well.......oh I think I will rush out and by an x800xt now.

ATI users if you want this mircale beta driver here is the link....why its called 4.10 I will never know

http://www.megagames.com/news/show.cgi?&idtype=hardware&database=256&section=downloads&

• Advertisement

flashed back to GT bios clocked at Ultra speed, better score than using ultra bios??? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Megagames where reporting on the latest round of benchmarks for nvidia versus ati. Seems ATI had the intial lead until Nvidia clobbered ATI with there SLI running 2 pci x Geforce 6800 ultra's scored 7,229 significantly betaing ATI. But ATI apparatnly pulled a magic driver ot of its ass and witht he aid of a X800XT PE overclocked by dry ice cooling to 800/648mhz they reached 8,250 in 2005. Of coruse people are starting to think it was optimization of the drivers like the past but ATI claim its simply a bug fix. ATI say there next drivers will improve the situation as well.......oh I think I will rush out and by an x800xt now.

What a load of bollox. Ati and Nvidia have got extreemly lame in their battle. It's not exactly fair comparing 2x6800 ultras to one x800xt and who the the hell cools their system with dry ice. It's interesting to see the scores but neither company should be crowned based on those benchmarks. How does the standard x800xy pe compare to the 6800ultra?

BloodBath

BloodBath wrote:
    What a load of bollox. Ati and Nvidia have got extreemly lame in their battle. It's not exactly fair comparing 2x6800 ultras to one x800xt and who the the hell cools their system with dry ice. It's interesting to see the scores but neither company should be crowned based on those benchmarks. How does the standard x800xy pe compare to the 6800ultra?

BloodBath
    I wholeheartedly agree! Tis fine if people overclock their GPU's, but once they start applying some crazy shiznit to their equipment to get that extra few mhz it really is pointless. Noone is ever going to duplicate that result stably.

As for Nvidia claiming their graphics card is the best because when they use two of them they get a "far higher score than ATI", i think thats a load of bolax too. Bring on the max overclock using standard cooling only, and then compare them! Thats the only way to see which is best (imo).

Good on Nvidea huh.. our two cards are better than your single card.. how did they come up with that one??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cathal212

maybe 6x4 meant AMD 64 bit technology? i see this post is old so maybe that is what was meant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Whoa, What a zombie thread necro, 5 yrs FFS

Thread-Crap-Wont_Die.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Welcome to boards.ie Cathal212. :)

Just a heads up: It's generally not the done thing to post in a 5 year old thread. No biggy though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement