Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Milan - Celtic: I'm dreading this

• 29-09-2004 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I've just got the Celtic team and its not looking good:

MARSHALL, David

AGATHE, Didier
    VARGA, Stanislav
    BALDE, Dianbobo
    VALGAEREN, Joos

PETROV, Stilian
    LENNON, Neil
    SUTTON, Chris
    THOMPSON, Alan

CAMARA, Henri
    HARTSON, John

SUBS:Douglas, Lambert, Laursen, Juninho, McGeady, Sylla, Wallace.

FFS, Juninho on the bench. :mad: Sutton up front on his own with Camara on the right of midfield and Hartson on the bench would have been better. Joos better get his form back in the next half hour. :confused:

Prediction: Milan to teach us a few things.

I'd pay a lot of money right now for me to be eating my words come 90 minutes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Am I right in thinking that's Celtic playing for a draw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Thats torn it...
    1-0 Milan Shevchenko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Celtic look like they couldnt be bothered or have no belief.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Alan Thompson off with hamstring injury now :(

Juninho on though :)

Celtic are playing a lot better now. They could get one back.

• Advertisement

gooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllll :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

\0/

\o/, G'wan teh Varga :D

Now, DO NOT CONCEDE ANOTHER MILAN GOAL!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Great goal, no more than what Celtic deserved, AC are playing awfully in the second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Celtic could win this!

G'wan the bhoys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

ouchies

p.s.

ouch again

3-1. Terrible concentration levels by celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

What they hell were they at tbh? I nearly put my foot through my telly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Inzaghi the drama queen, you'd think he'd won the final of the competition with a solo effort from midfield. Only two of his team mates even came near him.

/me cries :(

Bye bye Champs league :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Glad Milan won play great in the first half but didn’t take their chance were desperate in the second half but overall deserved the win and its always great when Celtic lose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

No comment. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

is it just me or does juninho look suspeciously like John Kerry?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Milan deserved to win.

The second Inzaghi came on I knew he would score, and the second Pirlo steped up to take the free I knoew it was a goaAll in all Milan had more posession, more shots of target, the bal was i9n celtics half longer and milan completed more passes, they deserved to win, simple as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

typical celtic, sitting back after they score. suicidal tactics once again, not the 1st time ive said that with celtic.

camara is rubbish, send him back to wolves, agathe should be sold, not good enough anymore.

its just so typical. that all i can say. cletic give them a game, have a chance to nick something and blow it and the fans keep singing even though they've lost when they could have won and it effectively knocks them them out of europe.

CELTIC NEVER LEARN. thats the bottom line. hope doesnt get you anywere, you cant hope to nick a draw and let milan come onto you. you give milan a REAL game and aim to win. lack of ambition is celtic's biggest fault. lack of believing, its the same with ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

impr0v wrote:
    Inzaghi the drama queen, you'd think he'd won the final of the competition with a solo effort from midfield. Only two of his team mates even came near him.
    Inzaghi is the biggest cúnt in football as far as I'm concerned. The first time I ever saw him celebrate a goal (for Atalanta I think) I wanted to punch him in the fúcking face.

This feeling has only grown throughout his career to almost incandescent fury. I almost can't watch a game he plays in for fear he's going to score and go haring across the pitch with a face on him like he's just jazzed his pants.

What a fúcking cúnt.

DapperGent wrote:
    Inzaghi is the biggest cúnt in football as far as I'm concerned. The first time I ever saw him celebrate a goal (for Atalanta I think) I wanted to punch him in the fúcking face.

This feeling has only grown throughout his career to almost incandescent fury. I almost can't watch a game he plays in for fear he's going to score and go haring across the pitch with a face on him like he's just jazzed his pants.

What a fúcking cúnt.

He has one of the highest goals per game rate of all time in all compititions, I doubt he cares what some sunday leaguer says about him,

p.s.

What's wrong with someone being glad that they scored, the man just loves his job, and he does it rather well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I thought this from the beginning, but Celtic will do well to reach the UEFA cup from here.

Seaneh wrote:
    He has one of the highest goals per game rate of all time in all compititions, I doubt he cares what some sunday leaguer says about him,
    It's not about how good he is, it's about how much of a total cúnt he is.
    What's wrong with someone being glad that they scored, the man just loves his job, and he does it rather well.
    Nothing wrong with celebrating a goal. Doing so while looking like he's taking a hit of smack while suffering an epilectic fit gets on my nerves. Okay?

I thought this from the beginning, but Celtic will do well to reach the UEFA cup from here.
    I think we'll beat Shaktaar and Milan at home. 6 points should be enough for UEFA cup.

Smemon, when will you ever learn that sitting back isn't planned. Its 100% down to pshychology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Seaneh wrote:
    The second Inzaghi came on I knew he would score, and the second Pirlo steped up to take the free I knoew it was a goaAll.

Yer, so why aren't you turning this wonderful gift of foresight into money at the local bookies?

eirebhoy wrote:
    I think we'll beat Shaktaar and Milan at home. 6 points should be enough for UEFA cup.

The will have to play a lot better, than they have done in either of their previous 2 games, against Milan to have a sniff of beating them. And I think they will definately lose away to Shaktaar.

I have milan to win and Shevchenko to score the first as a bet in the bookies, arsed if I know where the stub is now though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

DapperGent wrote:

What a fúcking cúnt.

Get off the fence and tell us what you really think Dapper!!

Milan were fortunate enough to win, given that they should have been about 5-0 up by halftime, and Celtic then started trying to play in the second half. Camara is embarrassingly bad, my girlfriend was staring at the TV in shock saying 'did they pay MONEY for that guy!!!' every time he missed a sitter.

Agathe was hopeless as well. Anyway Celtic are not going to beat Milan at home either, don't know anything about Shakthar Donetsk apart from the Julius Aghahowa-CM connection :) but they can't be any worse than Celtic.

• Advertisement

The will have to play a lot better, than they have done in either of their previous 2 games, against Milan to have a sniff of beating them. And I think they will definately lose away to Shaktaar.
    I would have said that we'd beat Milan at home even before last nights game and last nights game just gives me more confidence. Celtic are crap away from home in the CL (no points in 7 games) and they did better than I thought they would. Whatever about the quality of the players, our home form is too good to overlook.

I also think we'll be lucky to get anything in Shaktaar, mainly because they're a good team and Milan were lucky to get 3 points off them. We'll beat them at home though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Also Barca should have qualified by the last game in Barca so they might put out a weak team. A win could be well achievable if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

i have to agree with dapper here, inzaghi is a cnut.

Also, Italian football has really fallen from grace over the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Id agree that celtic could have been down by 5 at half time but overall Camara could have had 4! I cant see celtic having a long run in the uefa cup from here either I hope to god they do...but with the current squad theres just no way....the defensive frailtys are still there and they still lack a solid midfielder. There is also no way camara is a good enough replacement for Larsson, Juninho doesnt really fit into the midfield and Varga may have got the goal last night but he was at fault for all three milan goals imo. I reckon they will still win the league.....

anyone who thinks celtic will lose any of their remaining home games are fooling themselves. THE FANS win celtics home games and its as simple as that, hence their poor away form, imo its all down to the loud home support.

when 60,000 of the loudest fans in the world are up for it, so are the celtic players. the likes of agathe, lennon, valgaaren, petrov and camara are just not champions league quality. consistency is the name of the game and im afraid with those guys above, they dont know the meaning of the word.

smemon wrote:
    anyone who thinks celtic will lose any of their remaining home games are fooling themselves. THE FANS win celtics home games and its as simple as that, hence their poor away form, imo its all down to the loud home support.

when 60,000 of the loudest fans in the world are up for it, so are the celtic players.

I bet Barcelona would beg to differ Smenom. And I am going to wager so will AC Milan in a few weeks.

Lets be honest, without Larsson, Celtic dont have that touch of class at this level. And its reflected thoughout the team.

• Advertisement

smemon wrote:
    the likes of....petrov....are just not champions league quality.
    Yet he has the quality to captain his country at the age of 24, keeping 5 clean sheets and scoring 2 goals while playing out of position in a Euro qualifying group containing Croatia and Belgium? Smemon, you are a United supporter, wanabee Celtic supporter, and haven't a clue about Celtic and their players.

Jivin, you have to bear in mind that Milan is our last group match and they will almost certainly have qualified by the time we play them. If we can dominate non-stop for 30 minutes against the best team in Italy in one of the most hostile places in Europe, it gives me great hope. The Barca match was one loss in over 20 games and it was just waiting to happen. I doubt we'll fail to win 2 matches in the one group with or without Larsson. People underestimate the influence of the Celtic supporters and player quality counts for little (most of the time) in Celtic Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

smemon wrote:
    CELTIC NEVER LEARN. thats the bottom line. hope doesnt get you anywere, you cant hope to nick a draw and let milan come onto you. you give milan a REAL game and aim to win. lack of ambition is celtic's biggest fault. lack of believing, its the same with ireland.

When are you going to stop spouting this Roy Keane "we have to believe in ourselves or what's the point in playing, blah, blah, blah....." sh1te?

We all know you're Roy Keane fan (I am too....for my sins!) and we all know that you have to positive when competing but it's getting very tiresome and boring listening to you spouting this over and over again.

Sorry If it looks like I'm picking on you, I don't mean to, sure there's enough people here to do that to you and with good reason a lot of the time!! But we all have heard this a million times before!!!

B.

Also, Italian football has really fallen from grace over the last few years.

Im personally delighted, sorry but i REALLY hate italian club teams!!:mad:

ABIT (anyone but italian teams)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I f*cking love Italian football.

Inzaghi is a GOD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

You all say how much you hate italian football players and italian clubs, but you're not the ones who have to suffer blowjobs from Monica Belluci lookalikes in Italian nightclub toilets...

• Advertisement

but you're not the ones who have to suffer blowjobs from Monica Belluci lookalikes in Italian nightclub toilets...

what does that mean :confused:

what does that mean :confused:
    It's a joke. If you had a sense of humour you'd understand.

thanks a lot.
    I do have a sense of humour, but didnt know who Monica Belluci was and couldnt relate the story to italian club teams.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Yet he has the quality to captain his country at the age of 24, keeping 5 clean sheets and scoring 2 goals while playing out of position in a Euro qualifying group containing Croatia and Belgium? Smemon, you are a United supporter, wanabee Celtic supporter, and haven't a clue about Celtic and their players.

Jivin, you have to bear in mind that Milan is our last group match and they will almost certainly have qualified by the time we play them. If we can dominate non-stop for 30 minutes against the best team in Italy in one of the most hostile places in Europe, it gives me great hope. The Barca match was one loss in over 20 games and it was just waiting to happen. I doubt we'll fail to win 2 matches in the one group with or without Larsson. People underestimate the influence of the Celtic supporters and player quality counts for little (most of the time) in Celtic Park.

petrov isnt a big game player as he's proved it too often in the past, he's one of our best players but fails to peform in europe. you dont have a clue about
    petrov if you think he's worthy of playing in the champions league. im not talking about country, or in the euro's, that doesnt matter when it comes to celtic.

agathe, petrov, lennon etc are big names and our best players but not good enough and cant cut it at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Hope you all saw the Inter v Roma match on Setanta earlier tonight.

Was an awesomely entertaining game, if not the best defending you'll ever see. Mexes isn't handling the step-up in quality from French club football to Italian very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

PiE wrote:
    Hope you all saw the Inter v Roma match on Setanta earlier tonight.

Was an awesomely entertaining game, if not the best defending you'll ever see. Mexes isn't handling the step-up in quality from French club football to Italian very well.
    It was a great game alright mexes was indeed crap scored an own goal and was responsible for another and even missed a great chance to win the game near the end.

Advertisement