Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Synaesthesia

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i don't have a locker because i don't have any books to store (duh, 4th year). you know what i carry in my schoolbag? a pen, my school journal and my makeup. that's all i'll ever need til next september.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

in my year you're extremely lucky if you have a locker without something broken. The lockers are tiny. i have 3(there are a few spare) to fit my books-but i always have to leave a few in my bag that's how small they are

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

For first and second year I got the only good lockers in the school (my class, as in), but this year we've got horrible ones. My friend gashed her knee on the edge of one of them and it was like.. pumping blood.

Luckily I got 2 lockers because the bottom of one of them was kind of bashed up and removed, so it's like one large locker with 2 doors. =D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Shiney wrote:
    in my year you're extremely lucky if you have a locker without something broken. The lockers are tiny. i have 3(there are a few spare) to fit my books-but i always have to leave a few in my bag that's how small they are
    You mean they make you carry books to classes? :eek: The dastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Last year there was this locker full of, and I really do mean full of, 1,2 and 5 cent coins so we'd always be there taking money for the vending machine it was great cos the teachers hadn't a clue!

• Advertisement

Last year there was this locker full of, and I really do mean full of, 1,2 and 5 cent coins so we'd always be there taking money for the vending machine it was great cos the teachers hadn't a clue!
    Our vending machines is very tempermental. it won't accept coppers or 2euro coins even though its supposed to. rarely accepts any thing less than 50c and sometimes won't take anything. i put in 2euro once it came out as 2.70 at the bottom.but usually it steals your money. we found a way to steal drinks from it so no point in complaining anymore :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

we used to have your bogstandard mars type vendo but they got rid of it and now we have the supercrappy overpriced 'bia scoil' one, which gave my friend a bar thingy that was a year out of date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

jeezuz colm that sucks, but schools today are full of ****, example:
    my principal told me to "Get a hair-cut!"
    I heard " Get a hair cut!"
    so upon returning to school i was threatened with suspension, if i didnt cut my hair and detention for being insubordinate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah, same thing happened to me last year, several times. Doesn't matter. I keep my hair nice and short these days anyway. The bastards can't touch me now.

Pah! That's disgraceful. There's a girl in my class who has short hair and no one's ever told her to grow it. Shouldn't have to cut your hair either. Purely disgraceful!
    *hobbles off muttering and shaking head*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

It is quite sexist. I'm pretty sure theres a rule saying I cant wear a skirt. But its illegal to tell girls not to wear trousers. :mad:

Interestingly enough on that topic the guys in my orchestra are allowed wear skirts if they so desire, and yet the girls can't wear trousers. (Aside from exceptions of cellists)
    We can't wear trousers in my school... I'm not sure I'd want to anyway.

There was a big debate in my school (an all girls school) about girls being allowed to wear trousers. we won no problem but nothing came of it. our principal changed and she was worse.we cant wear t-shirts intead of shirts under our jumpers. we have to change into our t-shirts before and back in to our shirts after pe which wastes loads of pe time and i like pe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

So...they make make you were your full uniform during all class times. AND they make you wear proper gear for PE?

What IS the world coming to!

it the biggest load of **** having to get changed before and after pe. loads of people get detention cause they're late for class and two sides of our classroom are all windows. (and there seems to e 2 anorexic girls in my class who have very strong views against it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Hey we have to change before and after too. It's not that bad. Annoying but not too bad. Yeah sure you lose soem PE time, which I wish didn't happen, but are you saying you wouldn't change at all otherwise?

No it isn't! It's standard practice in schools that have a uniform. You can't do PE in the uniform, as it's unsuitable, but you can't wear suitable clothing all day because of the uniform. So you change before and after. THATS THE WAY THE SYSTEM WORKS!

You aren't by any chance a teacher in sancta maria are you? cause you do a great impression of them

No. You aren't by any chance mentally retarded are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

how mature, attack the post not the poster....

• Advertisement

You'd be surprised how many times i've been asked that

ColHol wrote:
    how mature, attack the post not the poster....
    If that was directed at me Mr. Holligan, I'd like to point out that she was the one who resorted to petty namecalling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Well, have a good flame war. I'm off. :rolleyes:

Raphael wrote:
    If that was directed at me Mr. Holligan, I'd like to point out that she was the one who resorted to petty namecalling

by sayin your opinion was similar to her teachers opinion?

Well, have a good flame war. I'm off.
    Me too i've got to go back to my crappy hotel cause i've got 3 min left on this crap italian computer
    plus i'll probably end up banned cuse i always end up saying something i don't mean

Shiney wrote:
    You aren't by any chance a teacher in sancta maria are you? cause you do a great impression of them
    I interpret that as an insult. Perhaps I'm wrong, but thats my opinion, and I'm entitled to it. In my eyes, she insulted me, and I responded in kind

And if you don't accept that as an insult, why should you accept my post as such? I was merely inquiring as to whether she suffers from a mental disablilty

yeah whatever

Come on, changing for PE doesn't take that much time...
    'Course it was better in primary school where you could just wear your PE stuff all day, but.. ehh.
    It's no big thing, and anyway, who exactly wants a bunch of girls spending the day in their sweaty PE stuff? .... class smells bad enough as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

Raphael wrote:
    No. You aren't by any chance mentally retarded are you?

Wow, look at him go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

I'm just glad that once a week we get a break from the monotony of normal school, and a chance to get at least semi-naked in public.

Advertisement