Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insuring a car

Options
  • 29-09-2004 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

I have been driving under my fathers name for the past 2 years i want to go under my own name as the insurance it up this month,does the car needed to be reg in my name or can i insure it anyway

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

Yep, Deffo has to be registered in your name.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It doesn't have to be registered in your name to get Third Party, Fire and Theft on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

ya it does,i rang the insurance company today

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

ah your joking me was gonna do the same thing myself in january, that'll mean there'll be two owners on me car now when in actual fact theres only been one grr, how do ya go about just registering a car to someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

draffodx wrote:
    ah your joking me was gonna do the same thing myself in january, that'll mean there'll be two owners on me car now when in actual fact theres only been one grr, how do ya go about just registering a car to someone else?

Just fill in the change of ownership on the back-side of the Veichle Registration Cert.

• Advertisement
Advertisement