Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Dan Brown Book To Read?

Options
  • 29-09-2004 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

I've recently finished The Da Vinci Code and I was wondering which of his other Books are worth reading?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I don't recommend Digital Fortess as a purchase but as a loan it's worth it. Angels and Demons looks like one I may get soon as it has some of the elements which I liked in the DVC, Illuminati Ohhhh :cool: I don't know about Deception Point so I wont comment on it. Angels and Demons is my rec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Definately Angels and Demons, in some ways its a better book than DVC. dont bother with the others unless you are a dan brown completist. They are very average holiday reading type thrillers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I agree with the above. I got a loan of Digital Fortress and I just finished it and I was glad that I didn't buy it. I did buy Angels & Demons and it is nearly as good as the DaVinci Code.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Smurphy

I bought the Da Vinci Code and got a loan of Angels and Demons and Digital Fortress.
    I was impressed with Angels and Demons and thought it was on a par with Da Vinci Code.
    Was a bit let down with Digital Fortress. It started off well but sagged a bit as it went on.

Haven't read Deception Point but I plan to.

I would recommend you read Angels and Demons next.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

the order of books:

Angels and Demons (really liked this one)
    DaVinci code (already knew the revelation from other books)
    Digital fortress (enjoyable and well written. His level of research is great)
    Deception point (very good. again great details and a decent twist)

Angels and Demons was probably my favourite. Mainly because I have been to Rome and saw the majority of places he describes. I am assuming that the same level of accuracy exists for Paris (davinci code) and Barcelona (digital fortress). Only the first two ahve a level of continuity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Looks like i need to pick up a copy of Angels & Demons.

With regard to Digital Fortress, some may find the techie jargon a bit of a drag if thats not your thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭lacuna

Angels & Demons is by far the next popular book after The Da Vinci Code. Well that's from sales in the bookshop I work in. I've never read Dan Brown though, I'm not sure he's my cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

angels and demons is class, im abotu 2/3 the way through deception point and i find it very hard to put down. angels and demons imo is the best of the 3 ive read. havent read digital fortress yet but its next on my list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Deception point is really really standard tripe. I really got annoyed reading it as it sticks to the same formula as Digital Fortress and really I just finished it for the sake of it. I'm gonna read Angels and Demons now to finish his collection off but I sure hope I'm in for a good surprise.

Dan Brown isn't that amazing a writer once you read past the DaVinci Code (some would say even that's average but I really liked it).

Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

The Davinci code wasn't as good as Demons and Angels, infact it was pretty much the same book except for a different "secret" society and a different setting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement