Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3dmark05 Has Been Realeased Today

Options
  • 29-09-2004 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭

Anybody out there downloaded this yet ..its 280mb or so have anybody out there got the frist score to be posted on boards yet ...im DL now as we speak so ill give it a go and post my scores later but if anybody out there has it already tell us all what you think of it ??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

97% downloaded...ill upload my shameful score in about 15min :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

here we go this is my frist run at an overclock of 560 core and 560 mem

5989...3dmark05
    ill get over the 6000 mark tomorrow hopefully :rolleyes:

http://tinypic.com/apflf

lol damn my ancient video card!

2727..gotta tweak a lot more yet, and when the watercooling comes through i can bump up the cpu..ill get past 3000..i will dammit! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

ViperVenoM wrote:
    lol damn my ancient video card!

2727..gotta tweak a lot more yet, and when the watercooling comes through i can bump up the cpu..ill get past 3000..i will dammit! ;)

ill run it when i get home, i know i'm not gonna like it tho, must get 6800Ultra now :(

when ur precious cpu is struggling at about..3fps you know u wont like it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

4129 with everything running at stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Venom wrote:
    with everything running at stock.

Why oh why? Do you not like to overclock or if you feel you might need some help, the lads in here would jump to assist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

unkel wrote:
    Why oh why? Do you not like to overclock or if you feel you might need some help, the lads in here would jump to assist :)

some people (myself included) feel like having a pc running at stock, overclocking shortens the life of components (i know they become obsolleete before you kinda notice) but still people feel faster at stock speeds i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Who feels faster at stock speeds?

I think most people with a decent setup could be looking at a 20% improvement in performance with overclocking and what your shortening a 10-15 year life expectancy to 5-8 years if even that.

If you know the safe limits and waht your doing your parts won't die and you can get a very noticable improvement in performance.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Venom wrote:

I am not even gonna get into this argument.... Do you think there is actually any difference in the manufacturing process between a 6800 ULTRA and GT? They are pretty much the exact same card, one is slower than the other purely so the manufacturer can have entry and high level products..
    Sure ATI actually cut off 4 of the pipelines in an x800XT to make it a Pro.. There is very little difference..

You are every corporations dream customer!

• Advertisement

There is no difference aprt from the bios on the card.

Just the same as there is no difference between a 2.8, 3.0 and 3.2 pentium 4 apart from the multiplier.

BloodBath

I am not even gonna get into this argument.... Do you think there is actually any difference in the manufacturing process between a 6800 ULTRA and GT? They are pretty much the exact same card, one is slower than the other purely so the manufacturer can have entry and high level products..
    Sure ATI actually cut off 4 of the pipelines in an x800XT to make it a Pro.. There is very little difference..

You are every corporations dream customer!

WTF are you talking about?

Aye I never copped this the first time around, why did you go off into a rant.

BloodBath

I dont know.. I think I lost consciousness and just typed..

Anyway, apologies.. Was just trying to point out that the 6800 GT is an Ultra underclocked as oppossed to an the Ultra being an overclocked GT already.

I dont know.. I think I lost consciousness and just typed..

Anyway, apologies.. Was just trying to point out that the 6800 GT is an Ultra underclocked as oppossed to an the Ultra being an overclocked GT already.

Er I bought a GT and flashed the bois to ultra. Then had to under-clock it to 402/1.10 to get it stable.

Aye what manufacturer did you go for? Better cooling might solve that problem.

They are the same only the gt's tend to get the lower quality cores from a batch but they are usually just as good as the ultras.

BloodBath

BloodBath wrote:
    Aye what manufacturer did you go for? Better cooling might solve that problem.

They are the same only the gt's tend to get the lower quality cores from a batch but they are usually just as good as the ultras.

BloodBath

Its a Galaxy Glacier with an Artic cooler 4 on it.

Venom wrote:
    Er I bought a GT and flashed the bois to ultra. Then had to under-clock it to 402/1.10 to get it stable.
    Woops..

i just seen ultra in your sig and presumed you shelled out full wack. You should really change that to GT @402/xxx..

Woops..

i just seen ultra in your sig and presumed you shelled out full wack. You should really change that to GT @402/xxx..

Buts it is detected as an Ultra by windows and every other program not to mention that ultra are 400/1.10 at stock. Mine just has a tiny oc on the stock ultra speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

What do you get when running the ultra BIOS?

• Advertisement

Col_Loki wrote:
    What do you get when running the ultra BIOS?

That is the Ultra bios. Prior to flashing the highesy I could OC was 395/1.10 but with the bois flashed its stable as a rock at 402/1.10 tho the optimal detection is 425/1/10 but this is only stable in a few games and aquamark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Ohh right, so its not really a stock score ;)

I shudder to think what my pc would get with a Ti4200 in it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Well that just killed my PC and up until today I was thinking it was a 'good' gamin PC being able to run doom 3 at high FPS with some settings turned up. It’s funny but I was happy at one point to see my computer getting up to 10 fps! But a score 1027 3dmarks for a P4 (3.2 HT) geforce FX 5900 and 512MB DDR 400 is kinda ok isn’t it?

Anyway, anyone know how good those PCI Xpress cards are doing with this monster? And what of the 1.3 (I think they are) NS ram cards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

I got 3589 :/ with

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.2 GHz Socket 754, 512 KB cache, BOXED
    MSI K8N NEO Platinum Edition
    Corsair Value S. PC3200 DDR-DIMM 512MB
    PowerColor Radeon X800PRO 256MB DDR3 AGP,ATI X800PRO, VIVO/DVI, Retail
    Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 160GB IDE ATA/133 8MB cache 7200RPM
    Q-Tec Midi tower ATX L-MD02, Black with a Cool somthing PSU which leaves my computer at 40o constantly, im dissappointed

Hanginthere why haven't you flashed your pro to an xt yet?

Do that and get another 512mb of ram. Honestly why have you got such a high end system and only 512mb of ram. 512 is only the entry level these days.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

highest I got was 4698 3DMark05 score and 3789 CPU score, will do another benchmark with the P4 3.4E when it arrives!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

StRiKeR wrote:
    highest I got was 4698 3DMark05 score and 3789 CPU score, will do another benchmark with the P4 3.4E when it arrives!

I thought ya jus got the AMD 64 2 weeks ago.. ya mad whore . your not upgrading already?

yea man, got bored of the Athlon64 already, wanna see what intel is upto these days, after 4yrs away from them!

by the way that score I got wasnt overclock tho!

running stock ultra speed 400/1100 and cpu not overclock either!

Stock ultra speed on a 6800gt. Sounds overclocked to me ken.

Woo about time you got the processor that suits your needs best you crazy encoding mofo. P4's forever. They seem to be scoring a lot higher in 3dmark than the a64's.

Me want's Dub's system. 666mhz ram hmmmm. I'm waiting for the 3.73ghz prescott's with 2mb's of cache at 1066mhz system fsb. Expect an overclock near the 4.5ghz range with a system fsp of about 1300 and ram running near 700mhz. A64's can kiss their ass goodbye.

BloodBath

• Advertisement

now heres a interesting one, I flashed it back to GT bios, and clocked it to ultra speed, got better score than the ultra bios

Advertisement