Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3dmark05 Has Been Realeased Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

btw what have you got that memory at ...push that up aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

I got a score of 268 :'(. I think its time to start upgrading!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I think us people with crap gfx cards should have a thread to see who can get the lowest score....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Excellent idea unkle, I think id wipe out any competition! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

I'm not bothered what I score, but you have to be kidding me - 238 Mb download just for a hardware test? Think I'll stick with the pi iterater and memtest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

hostyle wrote:
    you have to be kidding me - 238 Mb download just for a hardware test?

About 20 mins on cable while browsing boards ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

unkel wrote:
    About 20 mins on cable while browsing boards ;)

Sure but whats it do? I can download smaller Linux distros. (Sorry if I'm being n00bish).

hostyle wrote:
    Sure but whats it do? I can download smaller Linux distros. (Sorry if I'm being n00bish).
    wrong thread :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

I reckon i'll sneak up on the single card scores...the shuttle's big brother arrived yesterday ;)

youll get a lot of air through that monster :D you will need to wear a duffle coat in the same room .... :D:D

• Advertisement

It comes packaged with a fleece coat ;)

Looking for a 90mm water RAD, any ideas where?? Can only find 120mm and 80mm

Jammer wrote:
    It comes packaged with a fleece coat ;)

Looking for a 90mm water RAD, any ideas where?? Can only find 120mm and 80mm

dont tell me that that case cant fit a 120mm in it????

yeah, it can, it has 2 x 120mm (one of which is housing the RAD for the CPU block), but it has a 90mm which i want to dedicate to cooling my graphics card!

what about putting one in your drive bay

didnt know you can get them? I think i could spare one out of eleven for a rad? presumably you'd still need a fan blowing onto it? One of the 120mm is at the front so sounds good..

its not made for the drive bay, it would be kinda a DIY job, wizzard was telling me earlier tonight he was going to do it with his drive bay :o hold on let me reprase that :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Ha, funny! :D

:D
    WizZard wrote:
    Ha, funny! :D
    now now i love my pc too :o :rolleyes:

jammer there is a good bay rad here ...it takes up two 5 1/4 bays

http://www.1a-cooling.de/shop/index-english.htm

Nice one! Will check out the case tomorrow and see if it'll like it. Reviews say its quite good too. I'll be in a loop with just the GFX card so it should do the job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Managed to claw another few point back dub 6501

jessy wrote:
    Managed to claw another few point back dub 6501
    i can feel your breath on the back of my neck :D ..but 150 when your card is very near its max can be the same as looking for an extra 1000 points ;):D lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

4961 - http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=787231

Graphics at stock speed some headroom there I reckon ;)

dubdvd wrote:
    i can feel your breath on the back of my neck :D ..but 150 when your card is very near its max can be the same as looking for an extra 1000 points ;):D lol

ture dub, but if i have to burn the dam thing out trying to catch you i will:D

thats what i want to hear..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

3769 on:
    AMD 64 3800+
    MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
    HiS Excalibur X800PRO 256MB (with Catalyst 5.4)
    1024 Corsair XMS3200XL

No overclocking.

I have to flash my mobo and throw in a new SATA drive I got yesterday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I got 5758 with my X800Xl at 474 on the core and 600 on the memory. The core is watercooled. Might do a wee volt mode to take it to 500.
    Its running with a Winchester 3000+ CBBID that only does 2433MHz at 1.625 volts watercooled. Memory is at 222MHz at a 2T with very bad timmings so it is holding me score back a bit.

Thats a sweet score for a X800XL very nice go on get that volt mod on it and jump up into the 6000 level ...The veiw is much better up here :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

It will be hard to hit 6000 with me CPU and RAM I have. I must say watercooling helped the X800XL go from 444 on the core to 474 and it also helped me memory overclock better aswell.

• Advertisement

BabyEater wrote:
    I got 5758 with my X800Xl at 474 on the core and 600 on the memory. The core is watercooled. Might do a wee volt mode to take it to 500.
    Its running with a Winchester 3000+ CBBID that only does 2433MHz at 1.625 volts watercooled. Memory is at 222MHz at a 2T with very bad timmings so it is holding me score back a bit.

Excellent Score From an xl

I’m catching you Dub even if it is at a snails pace.

Advertisement