Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3dmark05 Has Been Realeased Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

[QUOTE

I’m catching you Dub even if it is at a snails pace.[/QUOTE]

ooohh stop talking about it and just do it ....lol...come on jessy... come on jessy ..only another few pints to go .....but it might aswell be a 1000
    ' i bet you hate when i keep saying that :p "but think of how your going to rub my face in it when you past me by on the score board.... :o as i know you are going to :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

dubdvd wrote:
    ooohh stop talking about it and just do it ....lol...come on jessy... come on jessy ..only another few pints to go .....but it might aswell be a 1000
    ' i bet you hate when i keep saying that :p "but think of how your going to rub my face in it when you past me by on the score board.... :o as i know you are going to :rolleyes:

No question I’m going to overtake you, it only a mater of time :D, now if only I could get off my lazy ass and add in my gxf water block to the water loop,

I had a quick look back over the previous posts on this thread and from what I can see you have the highest score and I have the second highest score (these are from single cards results)

Have you benchmarked the GT from your new machine yet?

wont be here till monday with the case...but im not going to overclock it ...it damages your warrenty and is not good for your graphics card..YA RIGHT :D IT WILL BE BOILING THE MINUTE I GET IT :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

dubdvd wrote:
    wont be here till monday with the case...but im not going to overclock it ...it damages your warrenty and is not good for your graphics card..YA RIGHT :D IT WILL BE BOILING THE MINUTE I GET IT :eek:

Actually thought u were serious for a minute there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Robert

My 3Dmark 05 score is 5581

My Computer Spec is

AMD 64 3700+ Clawhammer core
    X800XT
    2 X 1024 Crucial Ballistix BL12864L503 pc DDR4000
    ASUS K8N-E DELUX 754

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=796468

No overClocking

• Advertisement

Robert wrote:
    My 3Dmark 05 score is 5581

My Computer Spec is

AMD 64 3700+ Clawhammer core
    X800XT
    2 X 1024 Crucial Ballistix BL12864L503 pc DDR4000
    ASUS K8N-E DELUX 754

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=796468

No overClocking

with an overclock you should get that way up past 6300 ,go on we know you want to :D
    nice rig btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Robert

I never have overclocked I don't know how my processer came boxed came with heat sink

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Robert wrote:
    I never have overclocked I don't know how my processer came boxed came with heat sink

Hey your like me we like our maxtors :)

Crap score from me, c in sig

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Just ran 3Mark '05

score is : 5605

System
    P4 (775) 3.2ghz 1mb cache
    Radeon X850 256mb pci-e
    512mb samsung 4200 ddr2 ram
    Hitachi 400gig h/d
    DFI LANPARTY 925X-T2

Must get more memory :(

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

I scored 4702, i am quite concerned as imo my rig should be scoring quite higher

a64 3400+ clawhammer @ stock
    MSI K8N Neo Platinium
    1gb Mushkin level one 2-3-2
    PNY Verto Ge-Force 6800gt @ stock
    74gb Raptor
    Sound Blaster Audigy LS

I'm using the latest nVidia forceware drivers, can anyone see what might be hindering performance.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

To the best of my knowledge the Gt's have 4 of there 16 pipelines disabled (in ATi 9800 line there are actually cut) you can enable these by flashing the bios to ultra should give you a big performance jump, also while your at it why not overclock the nuts off it that will help to.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Well, :D

Dual XFX 6800GT's running at Ultra speeds. Not OC'd much yet!
    9760 <- I think this is the one to beat now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

WizZard wrote:
    Well, :D

Dual XFX 6800GT's running at Ultra speeds. Not OC'd much yet!
    9760 <- I think this is the one to beat now ;)

*Cough* Cough* (nearly swallows tongue) so close to the 10k - this the first 10,000 of boards(when ya reach it).Man that will annoy Dub and Combatcow,he's was at 9100 ish wasnt he?

Nukem

very nice score WizZard.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    And then mumbles some rubbish about Fecken Sli Boards

Now @ 9804

congrats wiz ....enjoy it .....it wont last long ;) only joking some score and yes you will be the one to to hit that golden :eek: 10,000 mark :eek: ,that some going and when you put that 3800+ venice in tomorrow wwwwwwwwoooooowwww...congrats again ...you and your beast :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Jesus Wizzard you are gonna hurt yourself...

I got my XPS2 yesterday.. Straight outta the box I got 5034 in 3D Mark 05 and 73,200 in Aquamark. I am happy..

Hehe, got 9818 this morning before work with the same settings. I need cooler air!! ;)
    Must break 10k before the week is out!
    I got my XPS2 yesterday.. Straight outta the box I got 5034 in 3D Mark 05 and 73,200 in Aquamark. I am happy..
    That's a fantastic score for a laptop. Does it run hot?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Some score wizzard, and I see you're not even @ultra speeds yet?

Why not go to 425/1125 and run again - that should break 10000 straight away :)

unkel wrote:
    Some score wizzard, and I see you're not even @ultra speeds yet?

Why not go to 425/1125 and run again - that should break 10000 straight away :)

Hmmm, Ultra stock is 400/1100 is it not?

I'm on stock cooling at the mo', deciding whether to go with good air for now, and water in a month, or water immediately.
    Yeah, it's getting both cards stable at those speeds that's the prob. SLi is not very forgiving I find...
    I'll try to tighten the card BIOS memory timings and see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

WizZard wrote:
    Hmmm, Ultra stock is 400/1100 is it not?

Depends on the card. Some are 400/1100, some 425/1100. I reckoned if you went to 425/1100 and then upped the memory a touch more to 1125, you'd be the first to break 10000 for sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

-oRnein9- wrote:
    I scored 4702, i am quite concerned as imo my rig should be scoring quite higher

a64 3400+ clawhammer @ stock
    MSI K8N Neo Platinium
    1gb Mushkin level one 2-3-2
    PNY Verto Ge-Force 6800gt @ stock
    74gb Raptor
    Sound Blaster Audigy LS

I'm using the latest nVidia forceware drivers, can anyone see what might be hindering performance.
    Thanks

Up to 5310 since i upped clock frequency to 410mhz and mem to 1.06ghz still idles around 50degree c so i might try to overclock my gt a bit more and maybe me cpu. Anything else that I could do to improve performance?
    Cheers
    Richy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

jessy wrote:
    To the best of my knowledge the Gt's have 4 of there 16 pipelines disabled (in ATi 9800 line there are actually cut) you can enable these by flashing the bios to ultra should give you a big performance jump, also while your at it why not overclock the nuts off it that will help to.:D

GT's have 16 pipelines, they are just clocked slightly slower at 350/1000 rather then the ultras 400/1100.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

WizZard wrote:

That's a fantastic score for a laptop. Does it run hot?

A little but nothing that I would be concerned about.. It only gets warm during long gaming sessions but under windows the fans rarely come on..

Am very impressed considering the price..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

i got 3824 with the following:

dfi nf4 mobo
    amd 3200+ winnie
    1 gig of ocz plat rev2
    his x800xl

all at stock speeds
    kinda low?
    are there certain conditions you should run this under?

*edit* noticed it only runs the first 2 tests.
    does it mater which pci-e slot the gfx card is in?

Nukem wrote:
    New Catalyst and it goes over the 5k -5056 (still no OC,will when i have time i will)What ya reckon i can get with it?

Nuckem has the same card as you so ya seems a bit low, have you got the new catalyst 5.4 drivers?

WizZard had one of those and his scores where alot higher i think.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Not sure what drivers they are, will update over the weekend or so (windows reinstall :( )
    Will the slot i have the card in matter? It's in the lower one of the 2 because the hsf is gigantic and rests on the nb hsf

If it's in the bottom slot you must set the SLi jumpers on the board. The slot will only run at 8x which will affect the perf of the card, but only slightly.
    I have a modded Zalman NB47J which will fit on that board with that card (it did with mine anyway)
    ie. passive nF4 cooling (it's actually a southbridge btw ;) )

My stock score with an X800 vanilla (not XL) PCI-E (Sapphire) was 3863 @ 391 MHz / 351 MHz, with the max I got being 4941 @ 463 MHz / 577 MHz

Use ATI Tool to OC, get the latest beta from www.techpowerup.com

• Advertisement

WizZard wrote:
    The slot will only run at 8x which will affect the perf of the card, but only slightly.

No it won’t, Running a 4x wouldn’t even affect the performance, have you the card set to performance mode in catalyst?

Advertisement