Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3dmark05 Has Been Realeased Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

jessy wrote:
    Nuckem has the same card as you so ya seems a bit low, have you got the new catalyst 5.4 drivers?

Nein - i have a powercolor. He has a HIS Turbo Ice II. Should be gettin way higher than that.Should do everything first pull with standard catalyst about 4-4500?

Nukem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Ran 3dmark again only with gfx set to performance this time i got

Slight improvement

4843 if i use iturbo oc settings

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Hey all, ran it last night for the first time. Tops out at 5700

Rig: A64 3500+ Clawhammer @2.4, Zalman 7000AlCu, 4*512MB CL3 cheapsh!te memory, 6800GT AGP, Asus A8V, Audigy2, WinXP Pro SP2, forceware 71.91

Any comments or suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dil999

Wizzard,

Glad to see you got the 6800s working, was it the cards or the board in the end? You should have no problem getting >10K. I got 7511 on 2 6600GTs
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=792657

Turn Vsync on. it ups the frame rate in the first test:"Return To Proxycon".

BTW that x800 is working fine, a little noisey, but not too bad. Haven't 3dmarked it yet.

Regds
    Dil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

sorry dil but i don't know about 10,000 on two 6600gt's i will be a hard one to pull off...BTW watch out dubdvd,s SLI is about :D

• Advertisement

combatcow is down and gone now WizZard move over to the left there and make way for me ...IM ON THE INSIDE TRACK ...look over your shoulder 9307

on defualt ..:D only buzzing .... ...ILL BE BACK... ,ASTA LA VISTA :p

Great score.

Not a chance of me getting 10K. I had smoke coming out of my 6600GTs to get a score of 7500. I am expecting you and Wizzard (with your Fancy ladi dah 6800 GTs :) ) to get over the 10K mark.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Haha, come on dub, you gotta run faster than that! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

dil999 wrote:
    I had smoke coming out of my 6600GTs to get a score of 7500

That's a great score for 2 6600GTs :)

Is the system stable at that? What were the settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Id say twas really stable, sure twas only a bitta smoke. You should get worried when the flames start appearing. :p
    Out of curiosity, are the cards still working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Just got: 4704

With the rig as listed in my sig. Just installed the X800XL yesterday, as my trusty 1-year old Powercolor 9800 Pro simply stopped working over the weekend :( I'm sure I voided the warranty by removing the stock cooler and attaching an Arctic Cooler, though honestly I rarely overclocked the card. Anyone want the dead card / cooler? I will not be overclocking the new card, only overclock the CPU by a % or two. Is my score to be expected with my setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

ionapaul wrote:
    Just got: 4704

With the rig as listed in my sig. Just installed the X800XL yesterday, as my trusty 1-year old Powercolor 9800 Pro simply stopped working over the weekend :( I'm sure I voided the warranty by removing the stock cooler and attaching an Arctic Cooler, though honestly I rarely overclocked the card. Anyone want the dead card / cooler? I will not be overclocking the new card, only overclock the CPU by a % or two. Is my score to be expected with my setup?
    I got : 4633 Stock and 4843 if i use iturbo oc settings with a amd 64 3200
    So yeah pretty good
    I might run it again but close down as many programs uttil in the back ground as i can (didnt on previous scores)

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=826109

Wohoo!! First on boards past the 10mark :D:D:D:D:D

it says my fsb is 201 but its 223

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Dman_15 wrote:
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=826109

Wohoo!! First on boards past the 10mark :D:D:D:D:D

well done, u win for now, but im sure some of the lads here will try to beat that soon enuf :D

I plan to beat it soon :) Everything is on stock cooling. I've got a WC setup almost ready to go with 2 dangerden nv-68's and a swiftec cpu cooler. All i need is tubing. Any ideas.......

Dman_15 wrote:
    I plan to beat it soon :) Everything is on stock cooling. I've got a WC setup almost ready to go with 2 dangerden nv-68's and a swiftec cpu cooler. All i need is tubing. Any ideas.......

what size tubing, i have some spare, different sizes

half inch

Dman_15 wrote:
    half inch

i may have some spare, i dnt kno what sizes they all are, all different sizes.

i suppose hi-tide is the other option in ireland

if you wouldnt mind checking.
    pm me if you find any

• Advertisement

Dman_15 wrote:
    if you wouldnt mind checking.
    pm me if you find any

there is no sizes on them and i wouldnt have enuff for a whole system, u are goin to need a fair amount

Thanks anyway.

Hitide only has 8 mm which is 1/4 inch. Anyone any ideas as to where i can get 1/2 inch tube

That's a great score for 2 6600GTs

Thanks unkel, I was up to second on the 6600GT list for a couple of days, but I am down to 10th now.

It was on air, with the Side panel off, a big desk fan blowing in. The heating off in the house for a couple of hours and it had more more artifacts than a museum.

Here's the link.
    3DMark

Only mods I made to the cards was to refit the stock cooling using arctic silver 5. I was at 575/1170. I was 49 points of the best score for 6600GTs, and I could not get another 1 point out of them. I wasn't able to lug the freezer up the stairs :)

I was thinking of trying water cooling, but somebody hit 8600 with water. I cant believe I'd get near to that.

Cards (ASUS n6600GTs) are fine.

Maybe I'll get me some 6800 ultras (and a new PSU)

Regds Dil

Dman_15,
    Wel done, great score.

Dman_15 wrote:
    Thanks anyway.

Hitide only has 8 mm which is 1/4 inch. Anyone any ideas as to where i can get 1/2 inch tube

i thought 8mm ID is 1/2 inch and 6mm ID is 1/4 inch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Holy crap. Congrads. There are goin to be some annoyed people around here when they find out. Only messing id say they'd tell ya the same as everyone else -well done; sweet score.

Nukem

they will indeed congrats sweet score .......AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

OK then where was i congrats....;) i mean that and im cuffed to see that the bfg's got you there as that,s what ive just got ....cant wait to get time to play around with them ....

P.S. i might pull a sickie from work tomorrow...:o :p

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

i have a danger den maze4 gpu block but havnt yet hooked it up to my thermaltake bigwater. any suggestion as to what kind of adaptor to use?

5738 - 585/585 x800pro cpu@2.53ghz (stock cooling)

I get a stable 2.75ghz with the bigwater so with the maze4 added, hoping to break 6000 anyway. plus the gpu fan is annoying me, id like to be rid of it.

Or i might just sell the unused maze4 and get a thermaltake gpu block.

ShevY wrote:
    i have a danger den maze4 gpu block but havnt yet hooked it up to my thermaltake bigwater. any suggestion as to what kind of adaptor to use?

You have to soak the tube in boiling water and "make" it fit onto the maze 4 connectors, thats what i did, was told that u can do that on an overclocking site

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Congrats Dman! Well done! That's a fantastic score. I have no idea how you did it with those speeds though? Damn you :D;)
    Wish my fscking Venice would work... then I'll beat you again!

Look at those minute differences! I'd better be able to pull that off! ;)
    3dMark05_Compare.jpg

• Advertisement

IM back 10203 ..but for the moment i dont have an orb linky just a snap shoot as my 3dmark05 is not connecting as ive just done an xp reinstall but ill sort that out now and re run it again with the orb link

http://tinypic.com/4vitxi

http://tinypic.com/4viu83

@409mhz 1008mhz gpu

Advertisement