Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3dmark05 Has Been Realeased Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Main Test Results
    3DMark Score 7651 3DMarks
    CPU Score 5186 CPUMarks

Must OC it at some point (once i've updated everything) and test it then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MadKevo

ionapaul wrote:
    Just got: 4704

With the rig as listed in my sig. Just installed the X800XL yesterday, as my trusty 1-year old Powercolor 9800 Pro simply stopped working over the weekend :( I'm sure I voided the warranty by removing the stock cooler and attaching an Arctic Cooler, though honestly I rarely overclocked the card. Anyone want the dead card / cooler? I will not be overclocking the new card, only overclock the CPU by a % or two. Is my score to be expected with my setup?

I know it's a bit OT, but my 1 year old 9800 Pro + after market Arctic Cooler died last weekend too. Slight smell of burned GPU in my machine. Never going near Arctic Coolers again that's for sure.

/MK

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

MadKevo wrote:
    I know it's a bit OT, but my 1 year old 9800 Pro + after market Arctic Cooler died last weekend too. Slight smell of burned GPU in my machine. Never going near Arctic Coolers again that's for sure.

/MK
    Can you pin it down to the Artic cooler?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MadKevo

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Can you pin it down to the Artic cooler?

It's a bit circumstantial - but the fan on the ACooler makes (made) a lot of noise when the PC reboots, leading me to suspect that possibly it stopped spinning for long enough to fry the GPU. I popped off the Arctic Cooler and the Arctic Silver paste still had a good seal/contact with the heatsink, and the GPU looked like it was overcooked (was not overclocking core, by the way).
    As I said circumstantial, but...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Just ran it again with it OC'd a bit 500/1300
    Main Test Results
    3DMark Score 8479 3DMarks

Can't upload the results though. Don't have a *AHEM* correct *AHEM* copy of the product key

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Spike wrote:

CPU at 2.8ghz and graphics up to 504 and 1305mhz. Although the Winfox program tells me that the graphics are running at 462 and 1301mhz. Odd.
    Ah well, 10k isn't that far away Wizzard...

Nice score!

Pints are resting on the 10k barrier! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

how about 1205 score Yipee, stock Dell8600 lappy LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭Alkers

3845 with CPU up 11% and the GFX to the "Auto detect frequencies" overclock thingy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Finally got around to running Benches on my new build...with everything at stock I hit 8445.

Trying to fine tune her now to meet my targets below. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I still hold the best score for a Lappy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

djmarkus wrote:
    What drivers are you using?

Driver Name NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT

Driver Version 7.7.7.7

BTW the core clock there is wrong, it should be 500mhz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

thats a class score for 7800GT...stock cooler?? any artifacts??

Nothing major that i could see, but i was amazed it overclocked that well on stock cooling, no artifacts that i could see, but i have the pci-e clock at 120mhz instead of 100mhz

What is the run of the mill score for a 7800gt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

My score is absolutly crap.......

P4 - 3.4Ghz Prescott
    Nvidia 7800GTX
    Driver - 7.7.5.0

All on stock cooling for now if i decide to keep this lot or not -

Always loved ati cards and this is my first Nvidia not really impressed by it.

Followed combat Cows guide for Nvidia Gfx's.....

Make me wanna cry :(

I had better scores with my 9800XT :mad:

Anybody care to share some wisdom on this?

Something seriously wrong there, I'm getting better scores with a 6600GT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Did you uninstall your old drivers, use driver cleaner etc?
    Then install latest drivers from the nvidia site?
    To up your score you should lower all gfx settings or turn them of all together (so i have been told) and that should improve your score.

tell me about it.

Made a coupe of changes and upped the pci e voltage.

just running it again now....
    :(

Uninstalled prev driver -
    Rebooted
    Ran the cleaner -
    Rebooted
    Installed the latest driver
    rebooted
    Changed the reso to 1024x768, left the rest at the defaults.
    Currently running 3mark05 again.

Even now the Frames are around 17 to 20 per test(i thought the would be a bit higher) - older driver tipping on 7FPs.

Lets see what happens.

• Advertisement

And yet again 3dmark05 crashed with driver errors that i cannot even find via google???

Anyway there is something serious wrong with the drivers on the comp, checked the event viewer problems with library's missing and various other dll's.
    Just after copying games, films,programs across and reinstalling the lot.

Should only take about 40 mins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

i had to do a full system format to get mine working when i changed. Driver Cleaner didnt help. Back up and format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

Folks, when I first ran 3dmark05 on my new built machine last week I was getting around the 7,300 mark. I've installed stuff and had a general muck about with the machine since and now its scoring 6,900 consistantly.

Any ideas what might be causing the performance hit ?? (obviously i have nothing but system processes running in the background)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

To get your highest score, benchmarks should only be run on clean installed systems. Only OS patches should be installed (some people leave these out) and NO extra programs.
    Windows system processes eat memory, most should be turned off. I've been thinking about writing a short guide on this and might just do that.

Another idea is to keep a spare hard drive with your benching programs and minimal windows on it, or else keep a disc image somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Intel Pentium 4 650 3.4GHz HT|Gigabyte GA-8N SLI Pro|Gainward GeForce 7800GTX 256MB 2xDVI PCI-Express,"U/3500PCX XP GS"ViVo,490MHz|1Gb DDR2 XP6400 Mushkin 800Mhz CAS5, Rated 5-3-3-8|Antec NEO480GB 480-Watt PSU|200GB Samsung SATA2 HD|Samsung Spin Point 120GB|GigaByte 3D AURORA Silver Case
    Samsung DVD recorder 16x (DVD±R) / 4x (DVD+R DL)|Aopen 52x - Cdrw|Sony 3.5" Floppy Drive 1,44MB|Dell Crt 21" Trinitron.
    Laptop - Dell Inspirion 510M|Centrino 1.5Ghz|1Gig of ram.
    PSP Eu version 1.50|1Gig Scandisk|Need for Speed UnderGround|

Not that im against them but this is the biggest spec sig i've ever seen and the most detailed one at that....

"Gainward GeForce 7800GTX 256MB 2xDVI PCI-Express,"U/3500PCX XP GS"ViVo,490MHz" 7800GTX would have done..... ;-)

Well i have found out what the problem was...

The psu was underpowered, disconnected the extra drives and hdd's - several fans, reinstalled the Os.

Works fine score's hitting 7200 in 3mark05.

The inside of the case is getting overhauled - replacing cpu heatsink with a zalman 1plus watercooling it and the Gfx is getting water cooled.

Also noticed after disconnecting half the stuff in the case its booting up twice as fast.

Will post some scores later today, and recommendation on a psu?
    I was thinking of either a Hiper 600Watt or else a Ocz power stream 500Watt plus?

Was that the Antec NEO 480GB that was underpowered? Wouldn't be able to post of a list of what you were running with it? I have one too...

Intel Pentium 4 650 3.4GHz HT|
    Gigabyte GA-8N SLI Pro
    Gainward GeForce 7800GTX 256MB
    1Gb kit 2x512Mb DDR2 XP6400 Mushkin 800Mhz

200GB Samsung SATA2 HD
    Samsung Spin Point 120GB
    80Gig Westeren Digital Sata HD
    Linksys pci wireless nic G speedbooster.

Samsung DVD recorder 16x (DVD±R) / 4x (DVD+R DL)|
    Aopen 52x - Cdrw
    Teac Dvd Rom.
    Sony 3.5" Floppy Drive

Stock Intel Heatsink-
    4 12mm Fans ( leds )
    Northbridge noisy fan - ( replaced with zalman zm-nb47j passive cooler now)
    Fan Controller mounted on the front.
    2 x Uv lights.
    Scanner attached via usb all power comes thru the psu and not a external power source.( Not much but still ads up)
    Wireless keyboard and mouse.

As you can see there was quite a bit inside it -
    Disconnected the - Uv's two of the optical drives - disconnected two of 12mm fans, disconnected the scanner, removed the nic, disconnected one of the hdd's.

Works perfect after that.

I'd say I'm safe for a while so, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

I have...

3.4GHZ P4, 1 Gig DDR667, 2 x 120GB Seagates, DVD-Writer, X-Fi Platinum, 3 x 120MM Fans, Asetek VapoChill Micro and a BFG 7800GT

...running off one, and its fine. Something else might be slowing you down...

Advertisement