Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3dmark05 Has Been Realeased Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

BloodBath wrote:
    Stock ultra speed on a 6800gt. Sounds overclocked to me ken.

Woo about time you got the processor that suits your needs best you crazy encoding mofo. P4's forever. They seem to be scoring a lot higher in 3dmark than the a64's.

Me want's Dub's system. 666mhz ram hmmmm. I'm waiting for the 3.73ghz prescott's with 2mb's of cache at 1066mhz system fsb. Expect an overclock near the 4.5ghz range with a system fsp of about 1300 and ram running near 700mhz. A64's can kiss their ass goodbye.

BloodBath

yea but dont forget the GT and the Ultra are basically the same card running at different speed, and the 6800 extreme also the same but clock even higher!

I tho about the 925 chipset board which i can use faster ram for better overclocking and higher performance but the PCI-E is very new, kinda wanna sit back abit and see whats going on for a bit, dont wanna rush it to it just yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Hanginthere

wtf? how do u flash the pro to an xt? does it fry it or somthing ? has anyone else done it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Well there is no difference in performance striker. You would just have to change your card for a pci-e one and lose more money. I wouldn't go s478 at this stage personally. S775 is the way to go. The chips seem to overclock better on them and you could get fast dd2 ram or stick with ddr1. What speed processor are you thinking of getting?
    wtf? how do u flash the pro to an xt? does it fry it or somthing ? has anyone else done it

Google is a wonderful thing.

heres the first link I got from searching it. Explains it quite well.

http://www.3dgameman.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27163

All x800pro vivo's come with the 16 pipes intact unlike the normal x800pro's which have the connections severed. 4 of the pipes are disabled in the BIOS. When you flash to the xt you enable these 4 pipelines again and the core goes up to an xt core. All you have to do is test to see if your card will run at xt speeds first. Just use ati tool to overclock your card to xt speeds and test for artifacts. If you don't get any you are in the clear and can flash it to an xt. You might get artifacts after the flash as the extra 4 ppes will add some heat but you can just underclock a little if that happens. It's well worth it to enable the extra 4 pipelines. Everyone is doing it. I'm buying an x800pro vivo to do the same thing. It's a cheap way of getting an x800xt vivo.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

mine is 775 just not getting the PCI-E board yet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

BloodBath wrote:
    All x800pro vivo's come with the 16 pipes intact unlike the normal x800pro's which have the connections severed. 4 of the pipes are disabled in the BIOS. When you flash to the xt you enable these 4 pipelines again and the core goes up to an xt core. All you have to do is test to see if your card will run at xt speeds first. Just use ati tool to overclock your card to xt speeds and test for artifacts. If you don't get any you are in the clear and can flash it to an xt. You might get artifacts after the flash as the extra 4 ppes will add some heat but you can just underclock a little if that happens. It's well worth it to enable the extra 4 pipelines. Everyone is doing it. I'm buying an x800pro vivo to do the same thing. It's a cheap way of getting an x800xt vivo.

Jaysus totally forgot about that.. hmmmm dilemma

• Advertisement

Yea firstly I moved my ram to the first slot and did the test, it went up to 3700 , and then i did the bios on the card and its now on 4400 :D , more ram should be the icing on the cake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Seems the new nVidia 66.72 windows certed drivers are out and damm do they up the ante a tad in 3dmark 05 :D

Those and a little ocing boosted my score up to 5014 :D

3dmark linky

OOOo My 3d card crashed today playing doom 3(aka froze and sound died) very bad, it was really really hot, whats the suggestion for cooling it? (sorry for being off topic) my cpu was 49degrees at the time, if i buy extra fans where should i put them on the case

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Dont know what cooling you have in your system but two fans is a minimum everyone should have when you’re running a fast GFX, one inlet (at the front) and one outlet (at the back) to create good airflow. However if your system is overclocked you really should be using more. i have 5 fans on mine and system temp is 30 dead. 3dmark05 does push your PC so good cooling is a must for benchmarking

(Also sorry for being off topic)

Whats the cheapist price a few fans would cost. my graphics card gpu touched 80° and the enviorment 55° today and then retarted teh comptuer, although the case stays at 40 and the cpu at 32

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Well Maplin have a 60mm high performance fan for €13.49 each however they may make some noise. 90mm (same type) for €16.49 or an ultra quiet 80mm €21.49

Last year I got a temp/speed fan for €20 and it works really well

Loads more than what I have put here but I don’t know what store you’re near.

hope it helps

(No more off topic for me)

Whats the cheapist price a few fans would cost. my graphics card gpu touched 80° and the enviorment 55° today and then retarted teh comptuer, although the case stays at 40 and the cpu at 32

Those gpu's are usually safe to those temps but it is a tad on the hot side. What model x800 do you have? I would suggest the ati cooler revision 4 for x800's, link

They blow the hot air from the card directly out the back of the case and should cool your card at least 20c better than what you have on it. It will help lower your case temps as well.

Do you have any fans in your case? How tidy/messy is the inside of your case. When I first built my system the wiring was very messy, after I cleaned it up my case temps dropped by 10c and my cpu and card temps dropped as well.

Btw there is no way that your case temps could be higher than your cpu temps unless you were using good water cooling or phase change. Your sensors must be messed up.

BloodBath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Due to boards slowness havent read full thread.

but anyone with an ATI card i got 2348 1st run then installed ATI 8.07 (wtf happened 5.0 ) drivers and got 2998

Doom 3 also went up mega FPS
    http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4649.html Driver hotfix

Also Omega and softmodded ones are out.

really do make a difference.

kdjac

I don't know where you got 8.07 out of. The latest cats are 4.9 and you can get the 5.0 betas but thats about it.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

BloodBath wrote:
    I don't know where you got 8.07 out of. The latest cats are 4.9 and you can get the 5.0 betas but thats about it.

BloodBath

The 807's are ment to "boost" ATI cards performance in 05. Funny how once these new drivers hit the scene, Futuremark issued an emergency patch lol.

Your links don't work mate, just tell us the scores?

Did they improve anything else? Did you have 05 patched?

BloodBath

KdjaC wrote:
    Due to boards slowness havent read full thread.

but anyone with an ATI card i got 2348 1st run then installed ATI 8.07 (wtf happened 5.0 ) drivers and got 2998

1st 2348 2nd 2998

patch is cos peolpe were hacking their project details and inflating their scores. of course guy who got caught had somfin like a 19k score.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

:eek:

I just started messing around with my gfx card overclocking it a bit, and i got to 5,112 (with patched 3dmark2005 ) / got 4,340 marks on stock iirc.

The core was 470MHz and ram was 1.22GHz

I might evan try to overclock my cpu if i can be arsed....Got 13,576 in 3dmark03 aswell

:p
    CC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

nice score there combat cow ...btw thats some rig you got there i can feel the green eyed monster rising within :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i know its a crap score, but i was expecting treble figures:p

thats with a 9600 and 2500+ running at stock, might try it again on sunday with the cpu @ 2.2

I tried those new drivers and my score went up to 3208.

Almost an increase of 400 points. Not bad at all.

BloodBath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

me too !

i went from 2780 or something to 3231 nice increase :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Got 2,262 score here...

ViperVenoM wrote:
    me too !

i went from 2780 or something to 3231 nice increase :)

goes to show you what these guys in ati and nvidea can do with software updates just goes to show that with the right drivers your score could be sky high makes you think about the guys who hold these crazy scores like 10000 and so on they might be the guys writing this software cos its beyond how the hell they get such high scores :rolleyes:

ok then so there is a little of the green-eyed monster showing its head
    unbranded-hulk-lenses-with-cleaner.JPG

at last i got the motherf*ck*r past the 6000 mark my main problem was the heat i sussed that if i empty the zalman and put in some normal tap cold water then boot up...and id say the fact that i knocked off the hyperthreading i read somewhere it would help id say i will get higher :D

http://tinypic.com/d5dgj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

congrats :D

time to change the sig then ;)

oh ya forgot about that ...hows your rig going for you know have to say thats one nice case and setup ...i can feel a case change coming on :D but the other half will kill me if i spend anymore money before we get wed in jan :(

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I just ordered a artic cooler for my card and and a new AMD 64 3000 Winchester chip. Socket 939 here I come. Hopefully it will overclock as good as they say. I will benchmark when I get my rigs set up and working proper.

• Advertisement

you must be on the build .....i see your selling off all your other bits and bobs so what s going into the new one?????
    most of the midlands lads are all busy upgradeing at the moment ...best of luck with your new baby ;)

Advertisement