Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3dmark05 Has Been Realeased Today

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

mine..is not much happening at the moment lol

1)i appear to have ran out of cash
    2)im still getting crappy temp readings from my bios
    3)anddd...i dont think this chip wants to overclock, i could go s939 and a winchester but..see #1

but it still looks good :D ..and i got my vid card core past 460 on stock cooling still ...considering flogging it and getting a 6800gt ...but...again see #1 :rolleyes:

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah bascially my old AMD 64 3400 is getting the new DFI lan party board. Excellent for overclocking. Also into my old rig goes Artic Cooler 3 Rev.4 for my 9800xt.

New Rig will consist of a Abit AV8 3rd Eye socket 939.
    The new AMD 64 3000 90nm Winchester chip. Hopefully they will overclock well now they got a lower stock voltage of 1.4v. I expect at least 400mhz.
    A Zalman cooler for the new chip. As well as an artic cooler 3 rev.4 for my 9700pro.
    Memory will consist of 1 gig OCZ PC 3200 Platinum Rev2.
    I will be switching ram between the 2 machines to get the best overclocking potential.

Only real concern is my psu rails killing memory overclock.
    I ordered a 480watt antec true blue wish I gone for the neo power now. Thermaltake Butterfly 480w might be even more problamatic.

Then at christmas probably a X800XT and A geforce 6800 Gt for my 2 rigs
    . Or I might hold on to see the new cards....or maybe a MAch II or fx 55 or 57 dual care....................aaaaahhhhhhhhhh I will go insane.
    Gonna have good fun bashing my 2 computers for a while. Find the optimum overclock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Azza wrote:
    Yeah bascially my old AMD 64 3400 is getting the new DFI lan party board. Excellent for overclocking. Also into my old rig goes Artic Cooler 3 Rev.4 for my 9800xt.

New Rig will consist of a Abit AV8 3rd Eye socket 939.
    The new AMD 64 3000 90nm Winchester chip. Hopefully they will overclock well now they got a lower stock voltage of 1.4v. I expect at least 400mhz.
    A Zalman cooler for the new chip. As well as an artic cooler 3 rev.4 for my 9700pro.
    Memory will consist of 1 gig OCZ PC 3200 Platinum Rev2.
    I will be switching ram between the 2 machines to get the best overclocking potential.

Only real concern is my psu rails killing memory overclock.
    I ordered a 480watt antec true blue wish I gone for the neo power now. Thermaltake Butterfly 480w might be even more problamatic.

. Or I might hold on to see the new cards....or maybe a MAch II or fx 55 or 57 dual care....................aaaaahhhhhhhhhh I will go insane.
    Gonna have good fun bashing my 2 computers for a while. Find the optimum overclock.

So now we know who has been stealing the AIB Atm machines. Im just dialing 999 as i typ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Azza is a mutant with two heads and 4 arms.

He relly does need two high end systems :rolleyes:

BloodBath

Azza wrote:

..why dont you buy a x800xt and a geforce 6800gt ...put the 6800gt in your main rig.....your 9800xt in your secondary...and give me your x800xt! :D

i need 1 uber graphics card more than you need 2 :p

• Advertisement

..why dont you buy a x800xt and a geforce 6800gt ...put the 6800gt in your main rig.....your 9800xt in your secondary...and give me your x800xt!

i need 1 uber graphics card more than you need 2

Sure mr 4 Rigs :)

Azza wrote:
    Sure mr 4 Rigs :)

:eek: ..only 1 of them are any good, ones a crappy little server, ones my laptop which is for "work" only..and then my back up which i find is so low spec id rather use my laptop :rolleyes:

although i do want a shuttle for lans.. :p

mr 2 uber rigs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Hey "Other: AMD Barton XP2500+ @ 3200+| Coolermaster Aero7+ | Asus A7N8X | | 1024mb mixed PC3200 | ATI 9600Pro || 80gb Seagate HDD 40gb Maxtor HDD" That rig is not bad.

the system probably aint but when uve got used to a 9800xt quite nicely overclocked the 9600pro is a bit of a step down :(

Got some of the stuff today. But still down a cpu and ram and the new socket 754 board......will add the coolers on to cards tomorrow. Do a few benchies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

My 9800 Pro is better that your 9800 XT

Good for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

3000xp 9800pro both on stock okish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

after a little bit of ocing my 9800pro
    im up to 2667

you got them drivers in for it, i downloaded em and got 600 more or something, think i can get 3500 out of this card yet, ..soo close!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

just got my card to go another 400 with out overclocking the cpu to its limit....i am using the new omeaga drivers which seem to be alot better than the normal ATI ones heres the link to them and here is score i got 6408 :D heres the snap
    http://tinypic.com/eg0b6

heres the drivers link..... http://www.omegadrivers.net/

when my bios works ill get a good 200mhz out of this chip extra i hope at least..and ill give these omegas a go, i use to use them but went back to the cats for the doom fix...shouldnt have bothered :rolleyes:

it just wont stop going up and up ????im just after getting 6540 thats a jump of 506 from the last drivers i was using ...a i rekeon if ive got this system cooled better ill go higher again ...im now on page 6 of the over all leadership board on the 3dmark05 site so my new quest is to get to at least page three...and keep the irish on top .. ;) where we should always be ...heres a snap
    http://service.futuremark.com/servlet/Index?pageid=/orb/projectsearch&page=5

whoa...i thought that x800xt pe only got 8000 or so with dry ice!!!
    good job :D
    nearly there! ;)

...thanks...mines not even a PE just a plain old XT .......7000 here i come ...im setting up a new watercooling rig next week which will be using the dangerden RBX waterblock with an innovatek gpu waterblock and the NB watercooled aswell ...im going to use the zalman reserator1 and a dual rad with 2x120mm fans and the zalman pump and the innovatek pump aswell all running on the one setup ...so ill have passive cooling and the moped rad :o with 2x120's all running together be nice to see how it will score on the 3dmark05 :D:D :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

dubdvd wrote:
    ...thanks...mines not even a PE just a plain old XT .......7000 here i come ...im setting up a new watercooling rig next week which will be using the dangerden RBX waterblock with an innovatek gpu waterblock and the NB watercooled aswell ...im going to use the zalman reserator1 and a dual rad with 2x120mm fans and the zalman pump and the innovatek pump aswell all running on the one setup ...so ill have passive cooling and the moped rad :o with 2x120's all running together be nice to see how it will score on the 3dmark05 :D:D :eek:
    Wats ur gpu core speed up to now, has any1 found a more effective way of cooling the memory on graphichs cards, ramsinks just dont cut it anymore, anyone got a watercooling solution for memory chips???

here it is here i just got a little bit more with out of her

http://service.futuremark.com/servlet/Index?pageid=/orb/projectsearch&page=5

i cant get d scoore, wat speed is d gpu core at??? and mem??

574 MHz / 590 MHz

sorry that was a bad link here u go
    http://tinypic.com/elnc5

dubdvd wrote:
    574 MHz / 590 MHz

sorry that was a bad link here u go
    http://tinypic.com/elnc5
    Im gonna retry the pencil mod on my card soon, there are some crazy guys gettin 600mhz+ core speeds after doing it, i got some more tips on doing it and seen as how i bought a multimeter to do, i wana get some use out of it, I'll try go for 600, only an extra 18 to go, my mem is maxxed out though due to heat and i need to do the vmem mod aswell. Gotta get that pencil out again and try som "drawing", hehehehe

http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44504

You guys have some way to go to match this power :)

holy ****!

that is impressive

3.8ghz..AMD ..i want some of that! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

How is this even possible? Is there not something called the natural clock speed (when the clock just reaches its limit). How can AMD release a chip that is capable of doing 1.2 GHz more than they guarantee. I’m a huge fan of overclocking and would love an AMD chip that is clocked at 3.8 GHz especially an FX55. I can’t understand how they could be so far out of our league. Has anyone here even broken the 3 GHz mark? I think there more clever with Photoshop that they are with OC

The guy who did it is some jap. Intel cpu's do it the whole time and I have seen other fx chips going over 3.0ghz but this guy is probably on liquid nitrogen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

I aint claiming to be any kind of an expert on chip design, but according to your last statement it sound like your trying to say that this can be done with any chip. e.g. can you take an old 486 and increase the clock speed to Pentium 3 speed. I would love it, if it was possible, but its not. I don’t care what kind of cooling system your using because its not just about keeping the chip cool. The rest of us on AMD64's are getting ~250-450Mhz more MAX. With top quality watercoolers. Just think what is there, that this guy could be doing differently than us (apart from using photoshop).

Advertisement