Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3dmark05 Has Been Realeased Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

I'm running at 2.3ghz - trying to get more - thats the standard for the CPU

Found a few sites alrite - but got a wierd thing

Downloaded ATI tool 0.0.22 - ran the core and mem tests which upped me from 378/338 to 403/390 and my 3dmark05 score dropped from 1997 to 1361????

Trying to fix it now, but what gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Did you enable AA or AF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

1997 seems a little low imo

ive only got the next card up and im getting ..well u can see in my sig, a lot more than 1997 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

King Jerk wrote:
    I'm running at 2.3ghz - trying to get more - thats the standard for the CPU

Found a few sites alrite - but got a wierd thing

Downloaded ATI tool 0.0.22 - ran the core and mem tests which upped me from 378/338 to 403/390 and my 3dmark05 score dropped from 1997 to 1361????

Trying to fix it now, but what gives?
    yeh sounds a bit low dude, wuld it be the pc2700 ram that would effect it that bad???

yep - I think it was ani-aliasing - turned it on in display properties...

back to 1999.... will try again... kinda figuring it may be the 2700 ram as gline said... have 2 other PC's in the gaff but only 1x512mb PC3000 and 2x256mb of the same - so would likely lose points because of loosing the benefit of dual channeling.... :(

Viper - you wanna run 05 on your 2nd rig? That'd give me a fairly accurate comparison of what to expect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

BloodBath wrote:
    Saw and read. Scores and benchmarks and pics of setups. What's your point?

BloodBath

my point is you didnt really see it, you only read it!

if you mean you saw it. should be the system right in front of you physically, thats what i meant by experience! and thats why i didnt say rather your believes was right or wrong because i didnt see it! but i did read it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

my point is you didnt really see it, you only read it!

if you mean you saw it. should be the system right in front of you physically, thats what i meant by experience! and thats why i didnt say rather your believes was right or wrong because i didnt see it! but i did read it!

I doubt anybody on this forum has seen an LN2 system in pysical form but we all know they exsist. It's not a conspirecy theory striker and the scores and clock speeds are real.

BloodBath

King Jerk wrote:

back to 1999.... will try again... kinda figuring it may be the 2700 ram as gline said... have 2 other PC's in the gaff but only 1x512mb PC3000 and 2x256mb of the same - so would likely lose points because of loosing the benefit of dual channeling.... :(

Viper - you wanna run 05 on your 2nd rig? That'd give me a fairly accurate comparison of what to expect?

well mate ill do it but im really not expecting much with only a 9600pro ..slideshow here we come! ;)

if this router stops playing around ill copy the installer over to my 2nd rig now...and get back to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

playing around with some overclocking and with chip @3.21 and card@397/1.05 I get......

01 19237
    03 11821
    05 5012

These are all with a rock solid OC so I might play around with it a little more but seeing as how Im damm happy with the 05 results with a 2 year old system + new gfx card I think I will stop while Im ahead lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

good score on the 05 not many on the 5000 or above on this forum

• Advertisement

King Jerk wrote:

i told you id be way off only having a 9600pro :rolleyes:

but yeh 1112...not on the good drivers that give you a boost ..id prob get 1300 or so with them

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

BloodBath wrote:
    I doubt anybody on this forum has seen an LN2 system in pysical form but we all know they exsist. It's not a conspirecy theory striker and the scores and clock speeds are real.

BloodBath

I didn't say its not real, did I

But you really don't get my point!

I didn't say its not read, did I

But you really don't get my point!

Maybe because you didn't make one.

BloodBath

cheers viper - I thought you had a 9800 rather than the 9600, but it means I'm doing round about right - futuremark website listed the best with my setup at about 2600

I'm not gonna OC just yet - I'm waiting on moving my gear into a new self modded case, and when I do I'll be setting up raid 0+1 and hopefully putting in some decent memory instead of the generic 2700 I have at the moment - maybe then I can break the magical 2000!

Will post some pics along with my new score!

sweet

id like to be 4000 :D ..but it aint gonna happen with this card :rolleyes:

King Jerk wrote:
    cheers viper - I thought you had a 9800 rather than the 9600, but it means I'm doing round about right - futuremark website listed the best with my setup at about 2600

I'm not gonna OC just yet - I'm waiting on moving my gear into a new self modded case, and when I do I'll be setting up raid 0+1 and hopefully putting in some decent memory instead of the generic 2700 I have at the moment - maybe then I can break the magical 2000!

Will post some pics along with my new score!
    Yeh i think getting better ram will be a great help

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Okay starting my overclocking journey tonight although I still don't have 3D Mark 2005.

Currently running ATI tool on my ATI 9800xt with an an Artic cooler Rev 4. Bit dissapointing to be honest. Considering I got my old stock cooled asus card to a core of 460mhz (only ran it for short peroids of time) I look like topping out at 445Mhz core wise. Least my ram on the card has improved looking at a speed of 387mhz from 365 which is better than the measly 5mhz overclock I got on my Asus card. Default speeds where the same as Asus card 411Mhz Core and 365Mhz Memory.

Going start with the winchester chip. Interesetingly enough my abit motherboard is still being baffled by the new chip despite the new bios update I had done. Its actually auto overclock to 2100mhz from 2040mhz and voltage is set to 1.5 instead of 1.4. If you noticed there the actually stock speed is 2040mhz not 2000mhz as the hypertransport on AMD 64 is actually 204 rather than 200. Secondly I know a person with a 3500 AMD 64 Newcastle 130nm chip (whom I like to thank for helping me update the bios and letting me use his cpu to preform the update) his stock speed is over 40 deg idle and using a retail cooler packaged with his chip his cpu is reaching a horrid 65 deg under load. Using a Zalman cooler and some sort of artic cooler paste. My lower voltage winchester is 31 deg idle and 43 under load. That allows compares to my clawhammer 3400 at 1.5v doing 40-42 deg idle and around 50-52 under load using an older revision zalman and some artic silver 5 thermal paste.

I'll keep you posted.

Cool, pity about the card but the processor should be interesting. Nice low temps so that won't limit you. Get overclocking.

BloodBath

Azza wrote:
    Okay starting my overclocking journey tonight although I still don't have 3D Mark 2005.

Currently running ATI tool on my ATI 9800xt with an an Artic cooler Rev 4. Bit dissapointing to be honest. Considering I got my old stock cooled asus card to a core of 460mhz (only ran it for short peroids of time) I look like topping out at 445Mhz core wise. Least my ram on the card has improved looking at a speed of 387mhz from 365 which is better than the measly 5mhz overclock I got on my Asus card. Default speeds where the same as Asus card 411Mhz Core and 365Mhz Memory.

Going start with the winchester chip. Interesetingly enough my abit motherboard is still being baffled by the new chip despite the new bios update I had done. Its actually auto overclock to 2100mhz from 2040mhz and voltage is set to 1.5 instead of 1.4. If you noticed there the actually stock speed is 2040mhz not 2000mhz as the hypertransport on AMD 64 is actually 204 rather than 200. Secondly I know a person with a 3500 AMD 64 Newcastle 130nm chip (whom I like to thank for helping me update the bios and letting me use his cpu to preform the update) his stock speed is over 40 deg idle and using a retail cooler packaged with his chip his cpu is reaching a horrid 65 deg under load. Using a Zalman cooler and some sort of artic cooler paste. My lower voltage winchester is 31 deg idle and 43 under load. That allows compares to my clawhammer 3400 at 1.5v doing 40-42 deg idle and around 50-52 under load using an older revision zalman and some artic silver 5 thermal paste.

I'll keep you posted.
    Let us know how u get on, interesting to know how well these winchester's Overclock

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

The graphics card corrupted my driver (catalyst 4.10) when I tried to benchmark the overclock. Did not do any benchmarks yet as a result needed to reformat. So far though not even tried pushing my cpu I have easily got 2.3 Ghz from 2.0Ghz and no significant increase in temps. Should be more to come.

• Advertisement

keep it going .tis interesting....i wanna see if you take over my 2620...if you do ...actually i hope you dont otherwise ill be quite tempted to shift over to s939 myself..but im skint...waaa

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Don’t keep us in suspense Azza are ya making any progress on overclocking the chip?

yeh tell all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I wasn't expecting that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

How do you know what to set all the settings at? Obviously if you run it at a lower res it will show a much better score? Or am i way off?

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

How do you know what to set all the settings at? Obviously if you run it at a lower res it will show a much better score? Or am i way off?

Sean

your right it will show a better score. but at the end of the day it is a benchmark for yourself, to show you how good your system is. Dont change the res from the one that you always use this will give you the most accurate score.

6800GT.JPG

I put everything to my settings (1280x1024) and let her rip. Extreamly happy with that!

full Spec:

Abit IC-7
    P4 2.4@3.06
    1GB PC3200 Corsair Pair
    BFG 6800GT OC
    XP Pro

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

thats a great score rabbitinlights....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

great score ... is your gt an ultra mod?????

• Advertisement

No, its a BFG 6800GT OC, out of the box its at 370/1000, Ive got it at 400/1100 just using coolbits 2 and thats the score i got! I pushed it to 410/1100 but it only got up to 5065 and seemed to stutter alot more so i dropped it back down to 400.

My case was open though because my airflow is ****e at the moment, need a new fan.

*edit*

Just got it stable at 420/1100 Fixed my fan (and the room is cold)!

Result:
    6800GT(420).JPG

Sweet!
    any tips on how to get it higher?

Sean

Advertisement