Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3dmark05 Has Been Realeased Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Got these scores with my new rig :

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
    A64 s939 3800+ "watercooled"
    1Gig Corsair XMS-Pro pc3200
    GeForce 6800GT x2 "watercooled" Core 415 MHz / Mem 1.05GHz
    74Gig WD Raptor

9196 3DMark05
    :)

and

20227 3DMark03

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Well..... that kinda puts one off posting scores here ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

True that :P
    Maybe we should separate scores for SLI ;):D
    Nice scores by the way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

ooo......k then.....

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

ya sli has got to be separated!
    Your machine must have cost a fortune. nice case i got the same one(Akasa Eclipse-62) very nice scores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

:D Nice score man, and nice rig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

CombatCow wrote:
    Got these scores with my new rig :

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
    A64 s939 3800+ "watercooled"
    1Gig Corsair XMS-Pro pc3200
    GeForce 6800GT x2 "watercooled" Core 415 MHz / Mem 1.15GHz
    74Gig WD Raptor

9196 3DMark05

and

20227 3DMark03

CC

well blow me over ...well done combat thats some nice scoring there ...at least i was beaten by a kick ass score ...and you got the SLI before me,... i just ordered my new rig from jes two days ago with two 6800gts but im thinking twice now about the 3500+ i ordered ...you have me a bit green here :D might have to pawn the family jewels and go for an fx55 "i wish"
    very nice whats the watercooling setup in your rig now are you running two loops one for cpu and the other for the cards ????and what psu are you using and how is it holding up???????????
    Great work keep it up combat

BTW ilove the new case and where on gods green earth did you pick up that hugh passive rad ...got to hand it to you thats one cracker of a setup nice on the eye nice on the fly ....NOW excuse me while i go into this dark corner and sulk :(:(;)

Thanks lads , i couldent believe the score myself.. :D

Anyway yer the case is really great ''a lot lighter then the stacker'' and i got the passive rad from hitide.ie, now all im waiting on is 2 AC Ryan XTOR Xilencer HDD Cooler & HDD silencer for my 2 hdd's, im running just one loop, it was a real pain in the swiss roll to figure out the tubing, but the cards idle at 38'C and 41'C and the cpu is at 43'C.I was thinking of getting faster ram to start clocking the cpu cause theres some really nice options to do it all from inside windows and on the fly.The psu is a 450W BeQuiet also from hitide :rolleyes: and she's holdin' up fine.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Don't worry Dubdvd, all you need to do is spend a ****load of cash and you can enjoy the spotlight again.

How's it working out in games CC? Be very interested to hear how it's playing out for you, I hope you're going to give us a little write-up on it? ;)

You've made it to fame in my sig too :p

sweet setup

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Am on 6,000 marks at the momet with current rig. Wait till I switch my x800xt pe to my overclocked clawhammer and that will go up. When my dfi sli board arrives then your in the pain. I expect a serious overclock on the cpu and ram and I have not decided on Ultra's or GT's yet. May have to opt for the Ultra's to bring combat cow down a notch :D . Still not as bad as that guy who flies my flight sim. SLI rig and an FX 55. Still I'll just be sneaky and add both marks to together (mmmmm 5.0Ghz of AMD 64 goodness and 1536KB cache)! Just as well I did not buy that Mach II cooler that Matt Simis sold ealiar!

Surrender now before you force me to upgrade again!!

ROFL TacT im honored, thank you, sure i'll add the case to the mod gallery with some info, as for gaming i have only tried HL2 and was getting over 250fps at most times with 1600x1200 full AA and AF... ;) just put on doom3 and farcry so i'll give them a run for their money tomorrow.

Azza the DFI board does look the buisness, it's gonna be a clash of the titans indeed :D

btw, gonna be selling my AGP 6800 Ultra soon for a reasonable price if anyone is interested.... :)

CC

he he! :D

Damn man, I'd have been a taker for that card earlier last week!

CombatCow wrote:
    i have only tried HL2 and was getting over 250fps at most times with 1600x1200 full AA and AF... ;)

i dont know whether to faint...or to sulk.... :(

ViperVenoM wrote:
    i dont know whether to faint...or to sulk.... :(

I think some drool is in order :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

CombatCow wrote:
    ROFL TacT im honored, thank you, sure i'll add the case to the mod gallery with some info, as for gaming i have only tried HL2 and was getting over 250fps at most times with 1600x1200 full AA and AF... ;) just put on doom3 and farcry so i'll give them a run for their money tomorrow.

Azza the DFI board does look the buisness, it's gonna be a clash of the titans indeed :D

btw, gonna be selling my AGP 6800 Ultra soon for a reasonable price if anyone is interested.... :)

CC

Heh, someone to bench against! :p
    Im still in the process of ironing out the bugs, I went for 2x 6800GTO cards, which do not work with SLI properly. :( Still fast tho.
    I also went with the cheaper, "newcastle" Athlon64 3500+, however its running at 2.6GHz with a Zalman CU7700.

What speed did you get your CPU/6800s at?

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

TacT wrote:
    I think some drool is in order :D

I'm drooling already :p:D

ok ive fainted..had a quick sulk..now im cleaning up the drool :p

:D

/me slips on drool ;)

GeForce 6800GT x2 "watercooled" Core 415 MHz / Mem 1.05GHz
    Id say they could go a bit higher, i want to start clocking the cpu but i have to tit around with the ram first.. :rolleyes:

*btw i got an average of 129fps in the hl2 stress test with all settings at max, with hardware stock speeds.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

This is torture,please for the love of god stop the torture CombatCow. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

no AA and AF..1280x1024 and i get like..80!

top settings i think im nearer ..40-50..

*reverts back to sobbing* :(

After months of wanting to post a respectable (Any) score on this thread I finally can.
    3Dmark03 = 13032
    3DMark05 = 6095
    With just a slight overclock.

thats one nice set up you,ve got there jessy i,d say youll go above the 7000 with an extra push ...thats a fast setup is the x850xt loud it looks it or do you have it on water ......great score ....now all we have to do is sabotage combatcows pc ...if you find out where he lives ...and ill ??????????? :o:o:D

thanks dub, still a good bit behind you though.
    It is very loud (like a little jet), just assembling my water cooler now, so should make a difference, and the p4 went to 4.1 on air so I’m hoping for good thing's from it.

EDIT:
    Just out of curiosity dub what ATi drivers are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

3959 with everything at stock :/

One demo test, the second one with the balloon and the big snake thing ran in either 1 or 2 fps. Mostly 1 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Carrying on from my earlier post about which card to get i decided for the gainward 2400/ultra GS. Got extra ram at the same time so i ran the 3dmark at different times just so i would know what performance to attribute to what

Intel 2.6Ghz
    512MB DDR3200
    6800GT 'safe mode' 350Mhz

Scored 3804

After adding another 512MB DDR3200 ram I ran it again (still in safe mode)

Scored 4405

After that I overclocked it to gainwards enhanced setting (400Mhz) and ran it all together.

Scored 4856
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?c=3107082_1
    Was hoping to break 5000, anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Finally get to post a score here.
    My new rig is still not quite finished - everything is at stock but I have the DFI lanparty SLI-D so it will def go higher!! ;)
    Not quite happy with it at all at the mo'

Ran 3dMark 05 last night at stock speeds on everything.
    Got 3863.
    Flashed the Sapphire X800 to X800XL BIOS tonight and straight away got 4226!
    Not great, but not bad for just a BIOS flash anyway!

Quick Specs:
    Athlon64 3200+
    DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI-D
    2gb Corsair 4400C25 (TCCD)
    Sapphire X800 (@XL)

Can't wait to see what I can drag out of this at the weekend when I put in watercooling!! Expect more posts as I will probably volt-mod the X800 in the next month...

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

ordered my new rig today. WC 3500+, dfi sli board, 2 gigs mushkin lvl2 pc 3500 (BH-5) and 2 6800gt's. hope to top 10K. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

WizZard wrote:
    Finally get to post a score here.
    My new rig is still not quite finished - everything is at stock but I have the DFI lanparty SLI-D so it will def go higher!! ;)
    Not quite happy with it at all at the mo'

Ran 3dMark 05 last night at stock speeds on everything.
    Got 3863.
    Flashed the Sapphire X800 to X800XL BIOS tonight and straight away got 4226!
    Not great, but not bad for just a BIOS flash anyway!

Quick Specs:
    Athlon64 3200+
    DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI-D
    2gb Corsair 4400C25 (TCCD)
    Sapphire X800 (@XL)

Can't wait to see what I can drag out of this at the weekend when I put in watercooling!! Expect more posts as I will probably volt-mod the X800 in the next month...

wat core speed is ur x800 runnin at???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Is your cpu running stock then combatcow?

Advertisement