Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3dmark05 Has Been Realeased Today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

aye tiz atm until i can be arsed to fiddle around with the ram... :D

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

gline wrote:
    wat core speed is ur x800 runnin at???

400 Mhz as XL but I'll be pushing it to 445.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

WizZard wrote:
    400 Mhz as XL but I'll be pushing it to 445.

Thats pretty low, what coolin you using???

Cooling at the moment is the stock fan. Will be fitting watercooling at the weekend. Have lots to do with it yet. Just OC'd to 445/545 and got a score of 4666 on 3d Mark 05

WizZard wrote:
    Cooling at the moment is the stock fan. Will be fitting watercooling at the weekend. Have lots to do with it yet. Just OC'd to 445/545 and got a score of 4666 on 3d Mark 05

What watercoolin you get??? Do a nice pencil mod to up that voltage. With decent cooling and mod you could be gettin 500+mhz ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

My brothers new comp.

Amd64 3000
    ATI x800xl
    Got a score of 4550ish first run. Everything at stock and noting tweaked at all.

Wizard where did you get your video card ? Its pci-express right ?

@BadCharlie:
    Got it from Komplett. It is PCI-E, I'm a bit disappointed that flashing the BIOS didn't enable the other 4 pipelines though!
    Tweaked a little more this morning and got 4797. Not bad for a €250 card!

@gline:
    I have a Zalman reserator, more for silence than super-cooling. I want to get over 5000 in 3dMark and I'll be happy*. What is the pencil mod? I thought I would have to solder and everything but my soldering skills aren't good :(

*may not be true, I'm never happy. I always want more!

WizZard wrote:
    @BadCharlie:
    Got it from Komplett. It is PCI-E, I'm a bit disappointed that flashing the BIOS didn't enable the other 4 pipelines though!
    Tweaked a little more this morning and got 4797. Not bad for a €250 card!

@gline:
    I have a Zalman reserator, more for silence than super-cooling. I want to get over 5000 in 3dMark and I'll be happy*. What is the pencil mod? I thought I would have to solder and everything but my soldering skills aren't good :(

*may not be true, I'm never happy. I always want more!

No need to solder, a pencil will do,

http://www.techpowerup.com/articles//overclocking/voltmods/101/2

Yeah, that was similar to the one I was looking at - Here The poster is no relation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Just upped my scores a little bit
    3DMakr03 13674
    3DMark05 6230

• Advertisement

Finally got 3dmark 2005 to work after formatting

6325 -- Core @ 630mhz and mem @ 1236mhz

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=631104

:D

how the hell did you get the core stable at 630?

jessy wrote:
    how the hell did you get the core stable at 630?

look at the specs, i have a dual rad system on it with maze4 block and pencil vmod ;) , beat your x850 which is some achievment

true but i only had a very slight overclock, and i have just upped my score to 6372.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

gline wrote:
    Finally got 3dmark 2005 to work after formatting

6325 -- Core @ 630mhz and mem @ 1236mhz

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=631104

:D
    wow good going there G ...you finally got that card of yours to its knees ...wow some overclock ...but im not surprizes with the way you had the system the last time i seen it between the mach 2 and the external watercooling on top of the rig its going to be to the ceiling the next time i see it :D ...but hay man its working and thats the main thing great scores and great overclocks ...keep it up GLINE u the man ;)

dubdvd wrote:
    wow good going there G ...you finally got that card of yours to its knees ...wow some overclock ...but im not surprizes with the way you had the system the last time i seen it between the mach 2 and the external watercooling on top of the rig its going to be to the ceiling the next time i see it :D ...but hay man its working and thats the main thing great scores and great overclocks ...keep it up GLINE u the man ;)

The funny thing is its not temps that are stopping me overclock more as the card only seems to reach about 50 degrees when doing a 3dmark, must be the max of the card, i will try and get more out of it 2nite ;)

jessy wrote:
    true but i only had a very slight overclock, and i have just upped my score to 6372.:D

Ah i should beat that 2nite, LOL

gline wrote:
    Ah i should beat that 2nite, LOL
    let the games begin!LOL:D very nice score gline.

jessy wrote:
    let the games begin!LOL:D very nice score gline.

Hehehe, gotta try it again wen im at home, lol. Try submit your scores to the ORB.

jessy wrote:

6432 - 637.88mhz core and 1269mhz mem :D

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=633489

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Just got my new rig up and running. 3500 winnie, dfi lanparty sli-dr, 512 mb mushkin LII V2 (one of the sticks was DOA :mad: ) 2 x BFG 6800 GT OC and an OCZ modstream 520w PSU.

Everything at stock with one stick of ram and the drivers that came on the cd

8468 3Dmark 05 :D

Cant wait to get the watercooling set up and get hte ram returned, not to mention new drivers.

Holy God that's some score! Ah, I just saw the 2x in front of the 6800!!! Damn SLi!!!

So p1ssed about one of the sticks being DOA. Wizard, do me a favour and try your dfi with 2 different manufacturer brands of ram if you can, or just with 3 of your 4 sticks and see how it goes. I think its vey picky about different ram and dual channel. I've done everything like disabling cpc in bios and installing in slots 2+4 but i cant get it to run with my old bh-5 and new tccd ram in any configuration. (i upgraded bios aswell) Really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭dubdvd

how much did you get those two 6800gts for im in the market for two at the moment ....man thats sh1t about the ram theres nothing worst than setting up a system and then finding there is something that wont work ....lets know about the gts pls and where did you pick'em up and how long it took to deliver ;)

Dman_15 wrote:
    So p1ssed about one of the sticks being DOA. Wizard, do me a favour and try your dfi with 2 different manufacturer brands of ram if you can, or just with 3 of your 4 sticks and see how it goes. I think its vey picky about different ram and dual channel. I've done everything like disabling cpc in bios and installing in slots 2+4 but i cant get it to run with my old bh-5 and new tccd ram in any configuration. (i upgraded bios aswell) Really annoying.
    I only have Corsair RAM at the mo'. Sold my soul (nearly) to get what I currently have ;) It is really picky about RAM, esp BH-5 and TCCD, and in DUal Channel configs. Check out RGone's and Angry_Games thread at www.dfi-street.com for more info on the type of RAM you have and the correct settings for it (I've never seen so many settings, as I'm sure anyone who have a DFI nF4 will agree!)

<edit>You should use the 3/10 or 3/10p BIOS for TCCD RAM.</edit>

The mind boggles at the bios. All i wanted was to do was set the ram to 2-2-2-5 and up the voltage and push to the limits. And the manual sucks. eg: trcd timings - this allows you to adjust the trcd timing. stating the bloody obvious....
    (i made trcd up but you get the point)

<edit, I am using the 310 bios>

Ah well, just have to wait for rma, buy more ram and sell the bh-5

Did you check out the RAM timings threads on dfi-street? Useful info.

dubdvd wrote:
    theres nothing worst than setting up a system and then finding there is something that wont work ....

I know exactly how that feels, built my machine at Christmas had every thing put together except the gxf card was about to install it and found out they sent me an AGP instead of PCI-E had to waited almost 40 days before they sent me out the right one. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

schwing!

not bad new card in everything running at stock and untweaked

6000 *1 happy bunny* :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Powercolor x800xl - 4627 (no tweaks and the card is a few hours old) want more

Advertisement