Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best way to deal with infected piercings...

Options
  • 29-09-2004 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

whats the best way.. salt and water, the solution you get from the piercier or sterilizing strip type thingies.. its only a ring in my upper ear. had it done months ago and was grand until this week or so...nots it a bit swollen and its kinda ozzing yellow goo!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

hehe
    if piercings get infected....well that sucks
    sometimes u can be lucky though get a minor one and it might go away with looking after it sometimes if u dont treat it right youll end up havin to take them out and so on......
    when gettin pierced it helps to pay attention to what they say eh?
    aye
    i got both my eyebrows peirced , like never cleaned them and never got infected , guess i was lucky? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I was told by a freind to use mouthwash on an infected piercing.Apperantly the alcohol in the mouthwash is good for it. I've never tried it so I can't say if it works or not.

ah man! thats gotta hurt, best thing is to use the stuff u get from the peircing place ya know proper stuff , i dont like the sound of mouth wash or salt u can get the stuff for peircings from any chemist though for like 2 euro so its not hard to get.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I think the second piercing in my tounge is getting infected
    there was some blood coming out of it yesterday(got it done saturday) and its quite sore and looks like puss comes out under the ball, i can eat through the pain though, also seems like theres a little cut on my tounge aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Alcohol delays the healing of the piercing thats why even when you are maintaining a tongue piercing it is advisable to get alcohol-free mouthwash.

Sea salt and water and avoid touching it is the best, Do remember not to over use salt water soaks as this will dry the effected area out too much.

• Advertisement

I'd watch that mate if I were you , getting infected is one thing but your tongue, that can be very bad.... :eek:
    if its no better in say a week or so id go back to the place or take it out..
    better than losing a tongue eh?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea I think it could have been that I went excellively drinking for 2 days after getting it done
    and with the smokes and then smoking potent drugs,
    I am going to wait till I have to go back (2 saturdays time) to get the bar changed
    if its not better by then ill take it out
    was thinking I may tank anti-botics for it.. that be any use?

I wouldnt go on red alert yet you done everything that your not supposed to, cut down on the smoking,dairy products and wash it regularly and give it a bit of time as for anti-biotics I wouldn't personally use such a taxing medication for an infected piercing.

Its not as sore today, I can feel the pai goes down after i use the mouthwash, it just seems to be healing slowly...
    my last piercing healed grand, drank twice and smoked as much.. but i gues its kinda different cause its going a bit ticker skin thats further back

Yeah when I had my tongue pierced I drank quite a bit during healing and other drugs I would imagine cant rememeber now though. It should be ok just dont go taking anti-biotics for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Isn't soluble solpadeine good washed around a tongue piercing that is hurting?

I have my tounge pierced twice now, the first one has healed grand its just this second one is causing a bit of hassle, the balls under my tounge kinda keep tapping off each other and this is causing irrating to the healing.. just gona take longer before I can get smaller bar and balls but I've got twice horrible hole marks from the tounge going swollen.. just when I thought the dept mark was nearly gone from the other one it just came back..

Advertisement