Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iraq Graph/ 30 Days 2,368 Attacks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

nice link...i wonder if the american people would have backed this war if knowing fully of what it may entail

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭uaobrien

magick wrote:

Wow, its almost like the Iraqis don't actually want the U.S. there. I wonder if you join the dots does it make a picture of Saddam - LOL. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

There was an article on Reuters a day or three ago which mentioned that some security analyst (or security analysis firm) now ranked Iraq as the most hostile nation in the world.

Of course...whats important not to forget is that American is safer, which is why this was all done in the first place. Saddam was a threat, and is no more. Iraq is no longer a real and material threat to the US, and therefore the operation has been successful.

Hmmm...maybe if I can get better at saying stuff like that with a straight face, there's a job for me as a Bush spokesman...

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭uaobrien

bonkey wrote:
    There was an article on Reuters a day or three ago which mentioned that some security analyst (or security analysis firm) now ranked Iraq as the most hostile nation in the world.

jc

Hmmmm, I'd be more inclined to say the US is the most hostile nation in the world these days. After all Iraq only is at (guerilla) war with America. America is at war with Terrorists/Afghanistan/Iraq (oh those are 'police actions' probably). They're also pretty iffy with Iran and North Korea.

Maybe the security analysis firm missed that minute point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

The situation that the US faces now is akin to what they faced in Germany at the end of WWII

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1373/is_10_50/ai_66157021

A typo in the article mentions years 1044 & 1047 which should have been 1944 & 1947.

The last US solider killed in Germany was in 1949, four years after the war, considering that Iraq was only at war for a couple of weeks the population of Germany were much more war wreay than the Iraqis would be.

The security situation in Iraq will be take a long time to sort out, unless of course they use the same methods Saddam did to put down the Shia rebelion in 91.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

uaobrien wrote:
    Hmmmm, I'd be more inclined to say the US is the most hostile nation in the world these days. After all Iraq only is at (guerilla) war with America. America is at war with Terrorists/Afghanistan/Iraq (oh those are 'police actions' probably). They're also pretty iffy with Iran and North Korea.

Maybe the security analysis firm missed that minute point.

Touché.

What I should have said was that Iraq was ranked as the most hostile environment - the most hostile place to be....where hostility is interepreted in the sense of "likely to get you seriously injured or killed".

jc

Advertisement