Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions that need to be answered!

Options
  • 29-09-2004 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Will We Ever Get A Burger King!?
    I'll settle for a Pizza Hut,Burger King and Or KFC!
    Galway sucks....I hadn't been to Salthill for almost ten year went there last weekend and nothings feckin changed, crap shops, crap arcades..evolution passed it by

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Hixfunk

Gotta agree...possibly being the reason why I moved away, and never intend to move back. I constantly get all this crap saying, Galway is a great place......yeah if you are from anywhere else in the country and you are going there getting hammered. Try living there putting up with all the drunken fools of Ireland turning up week in week out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

not a fan of burger king,

KFC and Pizza hut would hit the spot tho....

gwan galway by the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

My mum and i had a converstaion about this, but it seems Pizza Hut and KFC are only around Dublin from what I know of, but it imihgt be in Cork as I've never been there.

However, I'm not a fan of BK, so it wouldn't bother me if we had one or not.

But, I think there's enough Supermacs/McDonalads to last us as we really shouldn't e eating fast food

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Pizza hut is ment to be opening in the galway retail park but i heard that quite a while ago, and yet no sign of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Unfortunately the discerning p1ss-heads who cover galway with puke and broken bottles most nights of the week don't care whether they eat beef or dog meat so BK aren't coming any time soon. Scutter-Macs provides tasty and tempting food that stays down two times out of three and tastes the same on the way back up as it did going down so they are heading for global domination of the curry chips-and-a-fight market.

The number of times I heard Nora Taafes was being converted to BK over the last ten years.

As for Pizza Hut, they can't compete with Milano for my money so I don;t care if they never move out West.

'ceptr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

so BK would be better than Kebab house burgers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Isn't Mario's a slight improvement on McD's and SuperMacs ??

I'm never eating Supermacs sh1te again , got a snack box about 3 weeks ago and was sick all the next day after eating it. It isn't the first time either , it will however be the last time I get sick from eating their "food"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You're basing your liking of a place on the presence or absence of a fast food joint? And you're saying evolution passed Salthill by?

Look around, for God's sake. There are plenty of places to find great food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

mario's gets my three thumbs up :eek: much prefer it to McDonaghs

would really love a burger king ... for those times you just go **** you want something quick and easy ... and you don't wanna go to cp's for it :cool:

La Salsa's got some great food as well ...

homeplate's not bad ... either ... for some simple food

has anyone actually thought about putting a fast food place out near dangan business park .. it'd make a mint from students and others I'd reckon ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm sorry lads, but if your estimation of a city lies with fast food then there's something seriously wrong there altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

Damn right Karl, you should base your opinion of a city on it's beer, craic and women. That's why Galway is no. 1 in my book. Who gives a **** about Burger King.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Well theres alot more problems with Galway then lack of good fast food places but I'm even trying to say it a sh!t city, I like it, I'd much rather it to Cork or Dublin. And Pizza Hut had advertised for staff it said they were opening on the 11th of June and still no sign of them...Nobody likes Burger King?...I love it.Whoppers!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

tman wrote:
    so BK would be better than Kebab house burgers?

Heresey.

Glad to see La Salsa has opened a second splace on Mainguard St.
    Was starving on Friday and went in with some friends, ordered a Baja buritto.
    I was expecting a small thin little wrap.
    This thing was impressive. And tastey.
    Pity about the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭bandraoi

As for Pizza Hut, they can't compete with Milano for my money so I don;t care if they never move out West.

'ceptr

Milanos are pizza hut

Milanos!?...Milanos!?...Milanos isn't a freckle on the @ss of Pizza Hut

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    My mum and i had a converstaion about this, but it seems Pizza Hut and KFC are only around Dublin from what I know of, but it imihgt be in Cork as I've never been there.
    There's a KFC in Limerick. Doesn't Bundoran have one too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

THere was a KFC in Salthill. Then Pat Grace lost the KFC franchise in Ireland (I'm old) so it became Pat Grace famous fried chicken.

Its been a Supermac since about 1995 . I do prefer Whoppas to Supermacs, tehy are properly heated for one thing :)

But wot is wrong with the food in either Café Mocha and Arabica in Salthill I ask the p1ssheds .

Thats Biffo cuisine that . :)

M

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Milanos!?...Milanos!?...Milanos isn't a freckle on the @ss of Pizza Hut

Pleb :)

Milanos is ok, Fat Freddies pwns it's pretentious ass though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

SyxPak wrote:
    Glad to see La Salsa has opened a second splace on Mainguard St.
    Was starving on Friday and went in with some friends, ordered a Baja buritto.
    I was expecting a small thin little wrap.
    This thing was impressive. And tastey.
    Pity about the price.

Truth. But if you have a little extra cash, it's well worth it. Burritos of truly elephantine proportions.

Bananaphoblacht is also good for a bite. Great garlic bread/cheese/salami. And staggering amounts of chocolate in their mocha.

Anyone who knocks the 'Bab house must be a vegetarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

sceptre wrote:
    There's a KFC in Limerick. Doesn't Bundoran have one too?

I don't know about Bundoran, but there's one in Letterkenny... from my vague memories of a birthday party quite a long time ago, they do excellent beans :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

best place to get a burger or kebab in galway would have to be the charcoal grill across the road from the corn store. 2 squid for a massive bruger with all the trimings (real trimmings, not mcdonalds style) or 6 quid for a damn nice kebab. Best place to get chips would have to be mcdonaghs(sp?), although they have lowered the amount they give you lately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Kebab house, 3.30, the acclaimed meal deal. Burger with whatever you want on it (even kebab meat), chips with optional curry at no extra price, can of club orange or coke. Go deas.

Just walk in and ask for a 3.30, it's across from lanfest, if you go down the "real" dominick street (the hill), turn right at the bottom and kebab house is on your write after about 20 metres :).

que

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

is gud alright Fobia, across from clan video, innit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Theres a Burger King in limerick too, cross the road from arthurs quay. and the KFC too, guess that makes us the third city then ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Panda wrote:
    is gud alright Fobia, across from clan video, innit.

tez,

and it's Lanfest :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 tonybrasco

Milanos pizzas are nice, but nothing compared to those in Massimo's next door to the blue note.
    Amazing gourmet pizzas like you wouldn't have dreamed of in Galway.
    No need for another "Pizza Burk" franchise who will charge you 5 euros for half a slice of margarita.
    Try the Potato skins pizza or the Vegetable fajita pizza.
    They also do deliveries and are open for lunch during the week (try the hungerbuster) + also do a Sunday brunch (091861111)

Also during the day, Delight (between Java's and Sallylongs) makes brilliant sandwiches and salads.

The toasted BLT in ArdBia is also quite nice.

And whatever you do, however drunk you are, never have a kebab from the kebab house in Dominick street. I don't know how they dare call them kebabs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Will We Ever Get A Burger King!?
    Galway sucks....I hadn't been to Salthill for almost ten year went there last weekend and nothings feckin changed, crap shops, crap arcades..evolution passed it by

:eek: :eek:
    Galway happens to be one of the nicest cities you will find in Ireland, if not the nicest!
    I would consider the people of that city to have taste if the place is not over run with american fast 'food' joints, I use the word 'food' lightly there because I don't consider it to be so.
    Galway has many fine restaurants to suit every pocket, where you will get natural fresh food cooked for you, and you can leave the premises knowing you haven't made some rich coperate company, who serves sh!te food, richer!
    read Fast Food Nation
    that'll cure ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 tonybrasco

Milanos pizzas are nice, but nothing compared to those in Massimo's next door to the blue note.
    Amazing gourmet pizzas like you wouldn't have dreamed of in Galway.
    No need for another "Pizza Burk" franchise who will charge you 5 euros for half a slice of margarita.
    Try the Potato skins pizza or the Vegetable fajita pizza.
    They also do deliveries and are open for lunch during the week (try the hungerbuster) + also do a Sunday brunch (091861111)

Also during the day, Delight (between Java's and Sallylongs) makes brilliant sandwiches and salads.

The toasted BLT in ArdBia is also quite nice.

And whatever you do, however drunk you are, never have a kebab from the kebab house in Dominick street. I don't know how they dare call them kebabs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Muck wrote:
    THere was a KFC in Salthill. Then Pat Grace lost the KFC franchise in Ireland (I'm old) so it became Pat Grace famous fried chicken.

M

Theres a KFC in Cavan. Will ye all move out of Galway now?

• Advertisement

Beruthiel wrote:
    :eek: :eek:
    Galway happens to be one of the nicest cities you will find in Ireland, if not the nicest!
    I would consider the people of that city to have taste if the place is not over run with american fast 'food' joints, I use the word 'food' lightly there because I don't consider it to be so.
    Galway has many fine restaurants to suit every pocket, where you will get natural fresh food cooked for you, and you can leave the premises knowing you haven't made some rich coperate company, who serves sh!te food, richer!
    read Fast Food Nation
    that'll cure ya!

After you've had a few you want food quick and cheap. Ba Da Ba Ba Ba I'm Lovin It!...I'm not fat and I'm extremely healthy and eat Fast food..Having said that I'd never eat it 7 days a week...but anyone dumb or lazy enough to do that deserves bad health

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement