Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

i pod or CD head unit

Options
  • 29-09-2004 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

Dont know what to get an I pod to use in the car or an MP3 CD head unit, any suggestions, whats best. Also the the Ford radio that was in the car from Ford 'crackles' when listening to FM stations any ideas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

i would recon an mp3 player.
    Less wirring hanging arround th dashboard.

Or you could try a WMA player.
    twice the capacity of mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Don't get an ipod get an Iriver!!!

Very very good, it play's all formats, just look at it!
    It also has a very handy function that allows you to connect it directly to a digital camera and grab the pictures off it, Overall its very good Has an FM tuner as well so you could probably(might want to check it out) hook it up to your speakers directly and leave out the radio.

Iriver H340 40Gb.
    http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?currency=EUR&cPath=3&products_id=291

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

kilasser wrote:
    Dont know what to get an I pod to use in the car or an MP3 CD head unit, any suggestions, whats best. Also the the Ford radio that was in the car from Ford 'crackles' when listening to FM stations any ideas.

I use the creative labs zen and it works great through the tape adaptor. I was going to go for an MP3 headunit but it didn't seem worth it as with the portable I can bring it on holidays, on train, parties, etc., .

The iriver gets the same sort of praise that the amiga does. I'm sure in reality there is a limited difference so it's a matter of how much and style. ipod is expensive, very flash, and if you have a BMW or MB there are custom ipod adaptors.

Otherwise with any other one it's a tape adaptor (unless you go for FM but I have read that it can depend on how strong other signals are and so on so interference is likely).

the iriver with a radio is nice and so is the recorder; not much use for the radio in a car though (? or the recorder?). You can get a 40GB Zen Xtra for around $250 from the US, which is as dirt cheap mass market Mp3 player as it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

why not just get a MP3 CD head, you have both options then!!!

Advertisement