Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where do u all get your games from?

Options
  • 29-09-2004 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

ok after getting past the fun of finding a good place to upload ringtones on my phone..im now looking for somewhere to get games

i really do not agree with paying £4 from 1..but i tried it anyway..it says text "enter code here" to "enter number here..something like 88800"

well i text the code to 88800 and i get a message immmmediatley telling me its the wrong number all uk mobiles begin with 07 or some crap :confused:

so screw that i want to get games on my phone the same way i get tones..using this site that you upload a file to off your pc..then u connect to there wap address and download what you just put up..it only costs the wap charges so ive ended up with about 20 ringtones for about..£3 :p ..not as cheaper as data cable but thats not happening

now i got hold of some java games before and i had a jad or a jar or something i tried uploading these and when u go to download it says "wrong format"..so i have no idea what format i am actually meant to upload to get a damn game working

ive got 3 games on this the only 1 remotely good is hungryfish which is boring me now..i need something else ;)

does anyone know what file types i need for my Motorola V220 ..and do you here buy your games or use data cable or wap...because if so id like to know where u get java games onto your pc so u can use cable/wap

im on the verge of this post probably being removed but as im uploading using wap im still actually paying..so im not really ripping one off...

just wondering if anyone else is in same situation

(btw my phone seems to be rather new or something because most sites have never heard of it or say it doesnt support games yet, only a handful claim it supports java games, when i KNOW it does..as ive been playing on em :) )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Check out vstuff.co.uk. I don'y know if the games will work for you though, as they are mostly for the 176x220 Vxxx range. If you have a data cable and a piece of software called midway, you can upload them to your phone.

I think the v220 has a 128x128 display, in which case most Nokia (3200, 3510i and similar) games should work on the screen properly. Your milage will, of course, vary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

my only option is to use wap..i have a data cable, from my MD player...but theres no drivers or anything you get with this phone, i downloaded mobilephone tools, this was when i was trying to copy tones over

ill try midway, but i just dont think im gonna get anywhere with a data cable, the only sure way i can get stuff to work is uploading them through this site, you uploaded a file, but most of these games have 2 files a jar and jad or something..and this site only lets you uploaded 1 at a time so i can download..say the jar file and it will says wrong format or something then delete it so i cant get the other file on it at the same time anyway

i even looked at "proper" sites, like i said i wouldnt pay these prices but:

http://www.gamemobile.co.uk/motorola_v220_games.htm

the only way i "would" be willing to pay just to test one is through sms because i got so much credit with this phone i wouldnt even miss the £4, so i tried texting grab...whatever to this 88800 i think the number was, and i immediatly got a response saying msg could not be sent please note all uk numbers begin with 07 or something...i tried on another site to be yet again greeted with the same error after texting to an 8.... number

im a complete mobile n00b as you can gather so i dont know if im even doing it right..i havent had to text since back in the days of my 5110 all them years ago, i forget how i did it on that phone so god knows if ive got it right on this 1...so different

has anyone used this rip off sites before...does the number work or do u need to put something else with it

im not a complete idiot im not gonna be making a habit of paying £4 a game..theres plenty of sites ive found, i just need to see what format this "proper" one is so i know what i need to do...if it will work :confused:

*edit*

oops ive just noticed most of whats in this post was in my first :rolleyes:

Advertisement