Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venting Steam

Options
  • 30-09-2004 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

GOD ALMIGHTY!!

I swear as god is my judge vc poker is out purposely to fnucking kill me!!

I'm playing in the guaranteed $1000 mtt and I make it to the final table, I'm short stacked and between some good play and some good cards I build my stack up to the point where there are only 4 players left, I have about 50K, the others have 35K, 22K and 15K respectively.

I'm dealt kk in the bb, sb (15K stack) goes all-in, so needless to say I call, he has TT and hits a T on the river!

so I'm down to just over 35K at this point, about 5-6 hands later I'm dealt AA, I raise 5K and another player goes all-in for about 17K, I call, he has JJ and he hits a J on the turn to beat me...

About 18K left and we play for another 10-15 hands, there's been a couple of all-ins with the smaller stack winning each time..

I'm dealt QQ in the bb, player goes all-in for about 35K so I call with my 18K, he turns over TT again, and hits his T on the river again and I'm knocked out!!!

Ok, so I got $112 for a $20 entry fee, but it was $450 for 1st and it should have been mine!!!

oh well at least I got to vent my frustrations....:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Ahh yes, the VC specials ;)

Happens m8, ul just gotta think about the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

popped my vc cherry last night with a $15 STT. to cut an uneventful story short, I came second. checked my balance and I was only up $25.......any idea of the STT payout structure? thought it would be 30% of 150 (45) for second!?

possibly my account didnt update?

(hard luck with that btw Iago....worst feeling to hit cards when you need them and nothing goes right)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

there are only 9 players in the stt so total prize money would be 135

First pays $62.50

Second pays around $42.50

Third pays $30 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

I have to say i've been having a pretty good week at VC.

Some highlights from last night include: Winning 3 heads-up STTs outta 3 played. Getting paid from some idiot when I had a poker and winning one massive pot right before going to bed!

Maybe its just the money talking but i'm really liking VC at the moment. The standard is good but beatable i.e. you'll rarely run into the complete idiots you get on PartyPoker but when you get a hand you'll get paid. The guranteed tournaments are also great fun and the standard is surprisingly good.

The site is annoyingly unstable however and last night was one of the first times I played where I wasn't disconnected or the cashier broke etc etc.

Finally quick question for people out there - Is it possible to set up private tables? Myslef and Dapper were trying to play a heads up STT against one another but every time one of us sat down the other seat was taken by some random punter before the other could sit down!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

kencleary wrote:
    Finally quick question for people out there - Is it possible to set up private tables? Myslef and Dapper were trying to play a heads up STT against one another but every time one of us sat down the other seat was taken by some random punter before the other could sit down!

Its not, you just have to be quick about it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement