Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Titan AE...who?, what?, where!?

• 25-07-2000 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

was this released here or what?, I saw trailers and promotional stuff for it in ugc, there were ads on television...but the film itself seems to be a no show.

Was it pulled?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

And where da fu<k are U571 and Pitch Black??? (the latter apparently the best sci fi thriller in many a long year).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I just seen a add for that Titan AE, it comes out on the 3 of Aug and dosen't look so bad.
    good fx.

As for U571 didn't that come out a wile back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

not here it didnt, opened in uk on June 2nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

I am going to snap if someone does not tell me the name of the piece of music on the trailer for that film. I HAVE TO KNOW!

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

isn't the song on the titan ae trailer on the matrix?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I think its something by Creed (instantly making it crap)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

yea castor that U571 was open in the UK a while back when I was there and looks well l33t, and I really wanted to see it, not a word about it since..

Theres another film shinji bl33ts about a lot that was in the Uk and was good and we never saw here, cannie remember the name tho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

Was it Final Destination??

The trailer for that looked deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

U-571 is out in September, Final Destination at the end of August. Pitch Black, no idea where it is, and i be p issed off at that. Titan AE, to be honest, i couldnt give a flying f uck about..

Say hello to my little friend !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

The song is called 'Higher@ and it is by CreeD. I have it on mp3 along with another Titan AE song which is pretty decent.

The film opens here on friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Pitch black movie sucked. Probably why it's not around.

You have a lot of factors when opening a new movie, especially block busters.

- censor board.
    - changes if any required to pass censor.
    - if the movie sucked in the US
    - seasonal times vs hype.

Sometimes a company will hold off until christmas or some time in the year to get more box revenue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

I saw Titan Ae there yesterday.

Its a great film\Cartoon with funky effects and the like and a decent post apocalyptic setting.

Reminds me of a bumper saturday morning watching all those sci fi cartoons at 4.30am back in the ol' days of the Super channel.

Its a real shame that Fox has canned their animation department frown.gif

Snaga

[This message has been edited by Snaga (edited 01-08-2000).]

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

What I really liked were the things like
    (character ducking into air vent)
    Quick in here!
    Oh like they're never going to look for us there

And:
    An intelligent guard. How unexpected. Have we a plan b?

Draco (of planet Bob)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Its good, i liked it despite myself. Its not gonna blow you away strytelling wise, but ill be goddamned if you can find better visuals in an animated picture this year. The chase through the icefields was spectacular. Worth checking out.

Say hello to my little friend !!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I saw it over the weekend with Plastic Membrane and we were both impressed. It's been done before, but it was a novelle approach and looked very well as an animated flick. A definite "go-see".

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Speaking of Animated Feature Lengths...

The Road To El Dorado is out this weekend, innit??? tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

saw it yesterday, its incredible.

Glad to see don bluth is back making films again.

Advertisement