Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mauser Rifle

Options
  • 30-09-2004 8:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Todays a great day!

I just got the all clear to get my deactivted Mauser Kar 98k! :D

Only catch is I have to get it checked out by the Garda Ballistics unit in the Phoenix Park which sounds resonable enough I guess. All I have to do now is get an importation licence and get together the 400 euro I need :eek:

Anyway its still fantastic that I can finally get the thing!

The one I am getting is in the attachment but I also saw a really nice condition one over at this site..... Its a tad too dear for me though. :mad:

http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/detail/k98_and_sling.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Zakalwe

With the recent changes in the law and the costs you've mentioned, let alone the hassle you've gone through, wouldn't it have been just as easy to import a working K98k ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭gouda

Todays a great day!

I just got the all clear to get my deactivted Mauser Kar 98k! :D

Only catch is I have to get it checked out by the Garda Ballistics unit in the Phoenix Park which sounds resonable enough I guess. All I have to do now is get an importation licence and get together the 400 euro I need :eek:

The one I am getting is in the attachment but I also saw a really nice condition one over at this site..... Its a tad too dear for me though. :mad:

http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/detail/k98_and_sling.htm
    Anyway its still fantastic that I can finally get the thing!
    Depends on the deact job done in the UK,the guys in the Park could insist on big ugly holes being drilled in the barrel, totally screwing up the look completely. Perhaps the working version would be a better option. They can be had for around the same price. I would check how it was deactivated i.e. have the moving parts been welded, are there pieces physically cut out of the barrel etc. Best to check for exact details before parting with cash. Buyer Beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

If holes have to be drilled in the barrel, they can be drilled under the forend or somewhere similar to preserve the look of the thing. This approach was determined to be acceptable by the Gardai when deactivating shotguns for customers in the past.

Advertisement