Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atkins Fans

• 30-09-2004 9:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭

Nestle have brought out 2 new chocolate bars, a Low Carb KitKat and a low carb packet of Rolos.
    Great news until you look at the prices.
    KitKat (2 finger!) EURO 1.20
    Rolo's EURO 2.30.

OUCH

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Where did you see these? I haven't seen them yet. Sugar-free chocolate is in general ridiculously expensive. Unforunate eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

It's all chemically crap anyway.

Better just having the 70 - 100% natural chocalate stuff. Tastes way better when you get used to it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Saw their range in Dunnes Stores the other day. €1.49 for a thin wafer bar!!!

I think I will stick to my carbohydrates thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭grasshopper

I love my carbs too much also- but have see a huge range of atkins friendly prodcuts in boots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

woodies bars are gorgeous and you can get them in any health food store.

Cadburys do a dark choc bar that is 78% cocoa, it's got a lot less sugar than ordinary chocolate and doesn't have that manky polyol or malitol aftertaste.

The rolos are yum, but the kitkat is a bit aftertastey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just get a bar of Green and Black's organic dark chocolate... 70% cocoa. mmmmmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Boots do a range of sugar-free chocolate and sweets, which are sweetened with maltitol. A huge slab has only a few grams of carb, but I have noticed some unpleasant windy side-effects after eating some. Having said that, the plain chocolate is fairly good.

Nature's Way sell Sweet'n'Low sugar-free chocolate for E1.20 a bar in milk, plain and white. I think it's pretty good chocolate, and doesn't have the side effects that the Boot's chocolate does.

Other health shops sell the Woodie's bars, which are nice, but not very large. I don't think that they really constitute good value for money, unless you can find a shop selling the multipacks.

Any of the Wrigley's Sugarfree mints, such as the Extra mints are ok to eat, as they are sweetened with polyols.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 flygirl

okidoki987 wrote:
    Nestle have brought out 2 new chocolate bars, a Low Carb KitKat and a low carb packet of Rolos.
    Great news until you look at the prices.
    KitKat (2 finger!) EURO 1.20
    Rolo's EURO 2.30.

OUCH

Not a low carb fan myself but we got some free samples of these in work the other day and oh my god...they are MANKY. Bleugh....
    You think they're fine at first when you bite into them, normal chocolate taste....mmmm these aren't so bad then YIKES - the aftertaste hits you and it's so disgusting, really bitter. God knows what's in them....
    Just say no!

Advertisement