Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to get started playing Poker.

Options
  • 30-09-2004 9:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey,

I have been playing Poker at home with Friends off and on for years but wanted to get involved in playing Texas hold em tournaments.
    I gather from a few threads that there is a tournament for Novices in The Fitzwilliam on Thursdays at 8.30 and in the merrion on Monday Nights.

Is there any more tournaments for beginners or otherwise anywhere else that anyone knows of? Also Do I need to join the Merrion or Fitz before I can play and if so what do i need to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

you do need to join but that's as simple as turning up and filling in a form. You need ID but if you don't have it with you they will normally let you join and bring it the next time.

In the fitz they open from 4 Thurs-Sun and you normally get some SNG's before the tournaments, €10 a go and they're good fun. There's also a free entry game on a sunday at 6 in the fitz and a €20 on Wednesday and Sunday at 9, all of which should be fine to introduce yourself to the game.

If you keep an eye here you'll see that there are normally some home games arranged as well, so have a look for those

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

This would be a great subject for a sticky

Advertisement