Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eclipse compiler (program feature)

Options
  • 30-09-2004 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Ok , so I'm starting to use Eclipse now (from sun microsystems), but while I was playing around I've broken something (no , no files deleted or anything, just an option somewhere)

say for example if I type the hello world program in,
    when I go to run it I get a dialog box up for 'Create,manage and run configurations'

Havent a clue what this is , says i have to have a 'perspective' on running an app. and the 'run' dialog box is greyed out , how do I get this perspective crap set so that I can get on with saying hello to the world etc.

It's like PC load letter error in office space.

Thanks in advance
    Fionn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

if you go to the menu option window -> open perspective, try and change the perspective to java. That should fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

Thanks Vorbis , but it didn;t work , merely changed the page layout,

the problem appears when I press the Run button , up comes the dialog box , seems i have to set an option or two before the second (and final) run button can be pressed

Anyone ????

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Click the drop down arrow on the run icon and select "Run as..." then Java Application or Java Applet, etc (depending on what you are doing). That should automatically fill out the details for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Let me expand on that. When you do the option I suggested the Run button only remembers the last one you ran. So if you picked new code you would have to do a Run-As again or manually set the setup for that project.

Messy IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Fionn101

Nice one Hobbes, that sorted it .

Cheers all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

Eclipse has a slight learning curve and a few of the interfaces could have been done differently, but once you get these, its the dogs bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Fionn101 wrote:
    Ok , so I'm starting to use Eclipse now (from sun microsystems)
    LOL, what? :D IBM have been bought out!

Advertisement