Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Flamin' knew it

Options
  • 30-09-2004 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

Its great to see this board thriving and full of life. I suggested this board earlier in the year on the forums board and people had the idea to laugh at me for suggesting such a forum. Basically I think it just comes down to the fact that they applied to trinity and never got in, and have ended up at some inferior 3rd level establishment.

Well who's laughin' now,

Remember

"TRINNERS FOR WINNERS"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Here here.

No vermin here!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

now now, part of the thing of being in a better uni is that yer not supposed to rub it in... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

no, we pay someone else to rub it in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

so basically ur sayin tolda ya so ;) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

"TRINNERS FOR WINNERS"

Ugh.. Please don't fill the stereotype, I get enough stick at home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

trinners for wieners?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

yeah this forum is going great :D
    but i really wish that stereotype wasnt around so much.....the reaction i get from some people when i tell them im doing physics in trinity.....ah you know what i guess it doesnt really matter, i like it in trin so thats all that matters

the reaction i get from some people when i tell them im doing physics in trinity....
    Don't I just know it, it's the ultimate conversation stopper. I have an alter ego where I'm a plumbing apprentice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Haunter

ApeXaviour wrote:
    I have an alter ego where I'm a plumbing apprentice
    Why didn't I think of that a week ago?

Don't I just know it, it's the ultimate conversation stopper. I have an alter ego where I'm a plumbing apprentice
    oh good idea i might think of one for myself now....any suggestions??!

• Advertisement

Air hostess!

Air hostess!
    hrm ive travelled, i think i could bluff my way through a conversation bout that....thanks apex ;) although that whole thing does have a stereotype of its own..... :D

although that whole thing does have a stereotype of its own..... :D

Aye it does, but it's a very good one for certain things..

lol you guy's should just try out saying you do Theoretical Physics in trinity, now even the tcd people stop talking then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Wow, I can't wait to start my [STRIKE]theor[/STRIKE] culinary food arts plumbing degree

SkyLynx wrote:
    lol you guy's should just try out saying you do Theoretical Physics in trinity, now even the tcd people stop talking then ;)
    Yeah but only to pick up rocks to throw.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭MacXP_Irl

Never ever eeeeevvvvveeeeerrrrr tell anyone your doing Tp in Trinity, women will run away, guys will frown, ppl "won't know how to talk to you" because you are "so much smarter" than them... all anyone need to know is you do something to do with science in Dublin somewhere at a push, scratch that, tell them nothing, say its on a need to know basis.

How about freelance architect, that sounds cool, though most things with freelance do. Freelance puppeteer, freelance landscape gardener, freelance weapons engineer, freelance gynaco....too far, I think

why should you have to lie about doing what you love? if you get negative reactions from ppl then id say theyre not worth talking to

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭MacXP_Irl

I didn't lie, i just omitted some of the less relavent details. i completely agree they're probably not worth, but if someone asks you what do you do, as the first question out of their mouths, besides being a bit obvious, saying TP can throw a spanner in the works, just an observation. Besides i'm not officially a TP anymore!

if that was the conception of tp, thank god i didnt do the the "msc in tp and applied maths". otherwise i'd be shunned from society in general

• Advertisement

maybe people just feel a little intimidated or something i dont know, im sure they dont mean any harm

vinks wrote:
    if that was the conception of tp, thank god i didnt do the the "msc in tp and applied maths". otherwise i'd be shunned from society in general

Hrmmm no sorry your painted with the same brush as tp's :)

and how did that go today? were u in the pav by any chance tis eve?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Do you TP kids call the rest of society "norms"?

Seriously though, I've never had a problem conversing with you lot. But then I am a science boy too.

erm no, well most tp's are normal.......though the long bloddy name seems to be enuf, people start going quiet by the time u get theoretical out ;)

SkyLynx wrote:
    Hrmmm no sorry your painted with the same brush as tp's :)

and how did that go today? were u in the pav by any chance tis eve?

nah, i had to go to work today, working a full 5 day week :P till at least the end of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Chicks dig it when you tell them you're a fireman. Failing that Law in Trinity works best with impressionable young ladeez.

meh law students r gob****es.

and ah, well how'd it go anyway? any awkard questions?

meh law students r gob****es.
    meh i dont think they're all that bad, i know loadsa nice ones anyway :)

ah so do i, but i'm just generalising :)

• Advertisement

i know plenty of nice ones too canvas :D

Iafortezza (whats that mean anyway?) -youre spot on with the fireman thing ;)

Advertisement