Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Google Search

Options
  • 30-09-2004 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Seemed like a no-brainer when I though of it. If you look at the "Who's Online" list, you'll notice a lot of google spiders, so they've probably indexed most, if not all old posts.

So I wrote a basic page to search boards.ie via Google

http://members.boards.ie/seamus/search.htm

It's probably about 5 weeks too late, since there's a new server coming and the old posts seem to have been indexed, but it does stop the boards server being loaded by the search for threads. All it does really is save you have to go into the Advanced search and clikc some buttons :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

I'm not allowed to give you rep (which is odd as i haven't given you any before), so i'll just say : nice ! good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

daveirl wrote:
    That's boards's adsense account. Maybe they were thiking of putting it in elsewhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Advertisement
Advertisement