Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fan and Temp question

Options
  • 30-09-2004 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭

Hi,

These are probably stupid questions but i've been googling for hours (really) trying to find the answers and can't get anything definitive so I'll risk asking them here.

Firstly the background, I've just put together an athlon XP2800 system using an Abit NF7-s mobo (just the plain nf7-s not v2 or 2), with 1 intake fan(side) and two exhaust fans(back), all 80mm. Its only been going a week but so far i've had no problems and prime 95 has run for about 15hours (fans are v.loud to be leaving on overnight hence the 15hours) with no errors. CPU has a spire fan and heatsink and is not overclocked (yet anyway)

I've been keeping an eye on the CPU temps using motherboard monitor and I've noticed they're varying a bit lately. For the first few days my idle temps would be high 20s and load would be about 37 but over the last few days I've noticed that the temp is starting at 14 (at boot) and then idling around 34 and going up to 39/40 under load (playing UT2k4). Are these temps normal? I know i don't have to worry as long as my temps stay under 60/70 but looking at the variance of these temps i'm starting to wonder whether the sensor on my mobo could be wrong?

Also I've 2 of my case fans running off the motherboard but the bios does not show any speed for them, they seem to be going full tilt the whole time when the mobo should be controlling their speed when needed. Are there any settings I may have missed that is stopping them from registering on the mobo or where i need to turn fan control on.

As i said at the start sorry for the silly questions but I can't find answers anywhere (so far). Any help will be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Those two fans you have no control over are connected to AUX1 and AUX2. SYS, CPU and possibly NB are the only fan connectors with speed monitoring, dunno if they have speed control on any fan besides the cpu

Advertisement