Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wed 29-9 Hold'em 20-in @ the Fitz

• 30-09-2004 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

What a Night! :D

Finally won my first tournie :D (Ok joint first 3way split - but as I was chip leader at the end + being chip leader from sitting down at final table -i'm claiming it! ;) )
    YAY Whooot!!!!!! go me etc :)

the omens where strange to start with, first hand dealt AA, so i thinks on a winner here, raise to 300, 1or 2 callers flop comes KAJ rainbow (i think), so i'm thinking gr8! trip AAA's i cant lose, raise all in, other player folds, Lafortezza calls all in river, turn x, river...... yes u guessed it 10. Lafortezza turns KQ for a straight. ffs hopefully this wouldnt be happening all night.

(Lafortezza is a bit like that fly that refuses to be swatted.....he just wont be taken down! :D:D;) ) (jus j/k)

anyways Marq and Bren kept givin me the good stuff, I kept playing them and kept winning. I think i lost only about2/3 hands all night (only 1 of those major pot hands)
    one sequence of cards i got was A10s all in, win, player out. next hand AJh , same result, Next hand AK off suit,call/modest raise, flop AKK> FULL HOUSE ON THE flop, checked, all in on river 2 players dead. :)
    Sat as chip leader on final table and waited, won few hands and then there were 3,( Kevin, newbie(Luke's protege/padawan!) and meself), played on abit then we agreed to spilt 3 way (was still CL) and was chuffed to finally get a win.

Side note it was also the Chinese Moon Festival( i think) Fitz had lanterns up etc and had some Chinese egg/pastry cake thingy, reckon that was what got me to the finish line :D :cool:

Supergreen!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭Obscure

What time did the tournament finish up? Was thinking of going to it last nite but cant stand the late night finishes!

How much you win at the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Lafortezza turns KQ for a straight
    He probly thought he was ahead preflop.

Congrats on the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

bout 2.30, wasnt a massive turnout.

Cheers Henbane, always getting my AA's cracked. There must be serious metal fatigue on American Airlines these days! :D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Wasn't Lafortezza on that first hand. It was some calling station to Lafortezza's left with King Ten. Board if I remember it was AKJ, and he called the all in with second pair and the inside straight draw, which of course, I gave to him on the river. Interestingly, he also called for all of his chips on an inside straight draw later against Norman, when Norman had KQ on a KJx board and Mr Calling-Station had AT. He hit his queen, giving him the straight and Norman two pair, but I just about avoided Norman ripping my arms off when I rivered a queen to fill him up.

Well done on the win James. Didn't see much of your play after the break but you came through a tough field to make the money. Somewhere in the region of 600 each for a three-way split last night I reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

henbane wrote:
    He probly thought he was ahead preflop.

Congrats on the win.

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

What seat were you in at the final table??

I went out 4th. (Red T-Shirt) The AA is exactly what happened to me at Table 1 with Luke's protege early in the night. She flopped the straight with the river. I slow played her to get some value as she had been playing some poor value hands. Busted. Still, got on the final table which was an experience.

Was a good game last night. Really enjoyed it.

THx Marq , Bout that alright (minus the tips we all give dealer of course!)

its all a bit fuzzie from the start me raised all in Trip AAA's beaten by straight to the A (river 10 got!) it was to my left it was either Lafortezza? or Mr calling station? **scratches 'ed** no still fuzzy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Well done Corben.

Myself and the Devil (who was sporting quite the festive shirt, I may add) were shortstacked at table 3, couldn't get jack sheit together after the break, having to resort to blind steals and the like, upon being moved to table 1 got caught up in a train wreck and went out around 18th. Won a few bob at the cash game though so it was all good.

BigD-
    up at the very top of table/wall in between the chinese guy and Luke's Protege.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

BigD-
    up at the very top of table/wall in between the chinese guy and Luke's Protege.
    The big stack. ;)

Well done on the win. I thought you were well on the way to winning when I left at 2am. Good luck tonight if your in tonight's tournament. Too rich for my blood at my level of play. Think I try it in December.

• Advertisement
Advertisement